Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions sought on logo versions

Options
  • 07-02-2008 4:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Howdy,
    I'm having another look at my logo that I'm designing for a new music site I'm working on. I know the logo doesn't signify music, but I don't necessarily think this is a bad thing, and it does relate to the feel and function of the site itself. But I'm looking for opinions on which of the 3 versions people prefer, and why.

Any input appreciated

logocopy.jpg

P.S the middle one hasn't been drafted properly, it looks a bit jagged in attached pic

P.P.S...I want to put a font over the logo, of the name of the site (AUDIOGRAFF.COM). I'm not decided about the font of the text yet...but it'll be some kind of Impact type of font I'm quite sure. Any advice on font would also be appreciated :)

You can see the logo as it is on the landing page of the site here

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

3rd one is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I like the third one too.
    Cianos wrote: »
    and why.
    I think it has just about the right amount of complexity, and the symmetry is more well defined... the four little divisions in the center diamond/square make it easier to resolve visually IMO... it flows better from the inside/outside than the others, like you're continuing the lines more logically or something.

my 2c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭shantor

no 3
    just seems to be easiest on the eye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 oldgeezer

No 1
    for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭netanyahu

hey! nice work.
    i think either 2 or 3, definetly.
    3 is a better version of one, it is more dynamic. 2 is great aswell but i think the thicker lines in the third version give it a bit more interest!
    Very nice again, did you do these in illustrator?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Number 3.

Although things could change when you put lettering over it. The lines in number 3 add definition at the moment... they could become distracting once you put in the letters.

But as they're shown there.. it's the best for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Thanks very much for the help everyone. I actually stuck with number 1 for the big version of the logo, because I thought the addition of any more lines would distract too much especially with added font. I think the important part of the logo is the effect of the arrows pushing outwards, and the added lines in the centre tended to draw the eye inwards. I reduced the thickness of the inner 'block' so it didn't look so heavy. For the small version of the logo, the font covers most of the centre anyway so it does not make that big a difference. Anyway, here is some samples to show what way the logo will be used;

flyersample2.jpg

flyersample4.jpg

flyersample.jpg

Advertisement