Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which Car?

Options
  • 07-02-2008 6:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

So Im looking at getting another car, and passing on the old Ford Falcon Futura to the missus.

Ive been looking and looking and Ive considered new cars, demo cars, second and third hand cars, all shapes and styles.

And I think Ive come up with the 2 cars that I am thinking of.

So, if anyone has any opinions on either of these, especially of the mechanically or electrically side of things, Id certainly appreciate it.

The two cars are
    Saab 9 3

and

Volvo S40 T4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ah jesus, this has to be a first time that no one ever offered an opinion this site :)

Come on, they are 10 year old cars :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Jrad

What about a punto?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

I would get the SAAB, always wanted one for some strange reason..

Maybe its cuz Seinfeld had one, i dunno..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Jrad

That saab looks horrible, like one of those corolla hatchbacks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Jrad wrote: »
    What about a punto?

Nah ya would have to be desperate :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Theres nothing really between the 2 cars on age or KMs on the clock, but from personal exp, Volvo are one of those cars that have a long shelf life, and age well. Id buy the Volvo

..or do i need to shut up

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

What about a punto?

What is your problem? I deleted one stupid comment from you.
    I wouldnt drive a punto if you gave me one for free. Id rather walk tbh.

That saab looks horrible, like one of those corolla hatchbacks.

however, id does look better than a punto, but its a still good thing ite me that will be driving it and not you.
    snyper wrote: »
    Theres nothing really between the 2 cars on age or KMs on the clock, but from personal exp, Volvo are one of those cars that have a long shelf life, and age well. Id buy the Volvo

..or do i need to shut up

you only need to shut up if you are adding nothing to the converstaion. this post appears to be an exception.

however, this is what I have decided to go for

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hmm, mad. I'm in the same seat so to speak: Trying to choose between SAAB 9-3 and Volvo S40. So far S40 seems the better choice even though I can't really back that up, just a gut feeling.
    I'll need to hire each one out for a day to get the driving feeling.

Found some SAAB versus Volvo stuff 1, 2

Advertisement