Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The After Hours Entrance fee.

Options
  • 07-02-2008 8:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭

Alright, letting me back into After Hours. Whats the price?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Didn't you hear ?, you have to suck 6th's cock to get back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

azezil's gonna be jealous.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

what did you get banned for?

• Advertisement

yes, but what did he get banned for?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Alright, letting me back into After Hours. Whats the price?
    Why are you continuing to post in Feedback?

yes, but what did he get banned for?

That would be this. Says it's only a month...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

KTRIC wrote: »
    Didn't you hear ?, you have to suck 6th's cock to get back in.

Nah. Not into 6th at all.
    rkm wrote: »
    azezil's gonna be jealous.

She/he can have him.
    what did you get banned for?

Terry banned me for abusing another poster (she literally asked what the poster above meant with blank spaces and she called herself it earlier in the thread) let me off three days early then banned me again for asking a person look lonely in the "Do you tip?" thread. He then proceeded to permanently ban me from AH when I tried to plead my case as the instances mentioned were not personal abuse...

As I mentioned above, I tried to talk to him through Pm and I got a permanent ban. For the record I wasn't rude or in any way aggressive in the pms.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

There was another one in the "have you cheated poll" where he may have crossed that subtle line between humour and nastiness.

• Advertisement

As I mentioned above, I tried to talk to him through Pm and I got a permanent ban. For the record I wasn't rude or in any way aggressive in the pms.
    It would be so much easier for everyone if you stated all this info + links at the start, not to mention your feedback thread yesterday. Dev gave you his answer yesterday. G'luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

LOL, you don't seem to understand. Its mandatory, haven't you read the charter ??

She/he can have him.

Terry banned me for abusing another poster (she literally asked what the poster above meant with blank spaces and she called herself it earlier in the thread) let me off three days early then banned me again for asking a person look lonely in the "Do you tip?" thread. He then proceeded to permanently ban me from AH when I tried to plead my case as the instances mentioned were not personal abuse...

and you should have access why?

MarkR wrote: »
    There was another one in the "have you cheated poll" where he may have crossed that subtle line between humour and nastiness.

She literally asked what the poster meant. I was just telling her.
    It would be so much easier for everyone if you stated all this info + links at the start, not to mention your feedback thread yesterday. Dev gave you his answer yesterday. G'luck.

I can't see the links nor do I have the pms with the links in them. Dev doesn't understand the subtle nature of After Hours. WhiteWashMan however does.
    and you should have access why?

Because I miss the lively discussions of roma gypsies and scientology in After Hours. Neither is taken too seriously. Generally I like the atmosphere.So, let me back in? I won't slag anyone at all. I will keep all my comments general.

Btw: Would someone please quantify to me exactly what "Personal abuse" is? I want to know a direct definition so I can avoid it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I thought he was talking about the waiter....

.....but I don't really care.

I was. Terry didn't think so. I tried to explain this to him and thats why I have a permanent ban.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I wholeheartedly agree with both of these points, or to put it another way.......

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I told you if you wanted to have me review anything to PM me. You didnt. Then you created this thread. You are an attention seeker. I also think you should have been banned for the "c,u,n,t" comment. It adds nothing to the forum and is simply abusive.

So far I see no reason why you should be allowed access back in. We could have reviewed this in private but you chose to get back on the "stage".

DeV.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I won't slag anyone at all. I will keep all my comments general.

Btw: Would someone please quantify to me exactly what "Personal abuse" is? I want to know a direct definition so I can avoid it.
    Translation: Please provide exact co-ordinates of the line so I can p*ss as close as possible to it without going over ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

stevenmu wrote: »
    Translation: Please provide exact co-ordinates of the line so I can p*ss as close as possible to it without going over ;)

I could supply the names of several posters who are long veterans of this black art.

• Advertisement

stevenmu wrote: »

That would help.
    DeVore wrote: »
    I told you if you wanted to have me review anything to PM me. You didnt. Then you created this thread. You are an attention seeker. I also think you should have been banned for the "c,u,n,t" comment. It adds nothing to the forum and is simply abusive.

So far I see no reason why you should be allowed access back in. We could have reviewed this in private but you chose to get back on the "stage".

DeV.

I don't have the links and the ones I did have have been posted here so reviewing in private would have been futile. The link thats are usually in warnings are now private. The poster literally asked to know what the person above her meant. If she was playing dumb or not I don't know but she asked and I posted. It wasn't intended to abuse. Believe me I prefer pms but this situation called for public acknowledgment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

My personal expierences of you are that any oppertunity you find, you tend to be an asshole.

.. and as an asshole myself, i find its better to choose your moments, rather than every second post or so..

The irony is that terry banned you.

Sorry terry :D;)

snyper wrote: »
    My personal expierences of you are that any oppertunity you find, you tend to be an asshole.

.. and as an asshole myself, i find its better to choose your moments, rather than every second post or so..

The irony is that terry banned you.

Sorry terry :D;)

Pfft. Terry has the same personality as you and I.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

..hence the irony...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I did too ... doesn't make sense any other way.

And I was wondering how that evolved into a permaban ... but then I thought "probably got into a big argument with Terry by PM" ... which may or may not have been an accurate assessment, we haven't heard from Terry yet.

And certainly OP, starting one thread in Feedback yesterday without any sensible details, ignoring DeV's suggestion that if you actually had anything you felt needed looking at to PM him, and then starting another thread to-day ... hardly masterful strategy!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

You were banned for being a dick. simple as that.
    I sent you a PM informing you of your ban.
    I asked you not to reply or your ban would be lenghtened.
    you replied.
    I asked you not to reply again or the ban would be permanent.
    you replied again.
    The ban was made permanent.

Now I didn't see the other thread until after DeVore locked it, so I couldn't reply to that.

Your ban is a month long.
    Do not PM me before the 5th of March.

Remember, I was lenient with the previous ban.
    If you do act up again, the next ban will actually be permanent.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

vlcsnap27916300x125jm1.jpg
    Correct. Well done.

Clap

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Terry wrote: »
    You were banned for being a dick. simple as that.
    I sent you a PM informing you of your ban.
    I asked you not to reply or your ban would be lenghtened.
    you replied.
    I asked you not to reply again or the ban would be permanent.
    you replied again.
    The ban was made permanent.
    Guess this is a bit off-topic, but ...

Regularly in Feedback posters complaining about bans will be advised to PM the relevant mod FIRST and discuss it with them before starting a thread in Feedback ... e.g.
    You shouldn't even be here if you haven't tried to resolve the matter *privately* and politely with the mod in the first instance. A lot like conflict resolution in Real Life (TM) actually.

Just one example, but it's often said, and imo it's good advice, and makes a lot of sense.

But Terry, if you're saying "You're banned ... if you reply, your ban will be lengthened" doesn't that make cat's malarkey of the idea of attempting to resolve the issue quietly rather than everyone running to Feedback immediately?

(By the way, I am talking about your initial response: I can understand why, once an issue has been dealt with ... whether to the OP's satisfaction or not ... a mod might say "That's my decision ... if you keep pestering me about it you run the risk of your ban being lengthened.")

Because I miss the lively discussions of roma gypsies and scientology in After Hours. Neither is taken too seriously. Generally I like the atmosphere.So, let me back in? I won't slag anyone at all. I will keep all my comments general.?

no, thats why you want back in. its not a reason for me to allow you back in.

so i ask once again, and maybe you can actually answer the question asked this time...

Why should you have access?

trouble is, Terry is a moderator who does a good job and who i trust.
    while he is sometimes a little bit unorthodox in his methods, the general end result is, from my point of view, a positive one.
    While he does have his little jokes, and likes to play a bit, when it comes to actually banning someone for more than 5 minutes, i find he is pretty spot on with his assessments of people and the situation.
    its one of the reasons why he is probably the most popular mod in AH. becuase he does have a laugh, isnt too serious, but will ban your ass for being a dick.

Guess this is a bit off-topic, but ...

Regularly in Feedback posters complaining about bans will be advised to PM the relevant mod FIRST and discuss it with them before starting a thread in Feedback ... e.g.

Just one example, but it's often said, and imo it's good advice, and makes a lot of sense.

But Terry, if you're saying "You're banned ... if you reply, your ban will be lengthened" doesn't that make cat's malarkey of the idea of attempting to resolve the issue quietly rather than everyone running to Feedback immediately?

(By the way, I am talking about your initial response: I can understand why, once an issue has been dealt with ... whether to the OP's satisfaction or not ... a mod might say "That's my decision ... if you keep pestering me about it you run the risk of your ban being lengthened.")

agreed.

*hint*

Its probably not very helpful, or customer service oriented, and i think terry may view this piece of feedback as something to take on board for the future.

moderators are here to facilitate, and should be open to communications with users. cutting off a path of communication with the threat of a further ban is not the best way to go about making this site better for all.

/*hint*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

when it comes to actually banning someone for more than 5 minutes, i find he is pretty spot on with his assessments of people and the situation.

He banned me for 10 minutes before as a joke. I DEMAND RETRIBUTION!!!!!!!!1111111!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement