Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

tyre issues

Options
  • 07-02-2008 8:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I had to change a tyre since old one broken down, thanks to too much speed and too much in driving in the left,

when I had a spare on the left and similar worn out tyre in the right car was going quite ok.

But now when I got new one in the left (front) and worn out in the right car pulls to the left all the time,

so should I get another new tyre in the right (40-45e) or check the wheel aligment (30e)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

it could be one of the tires has really low tire pressure but more than likley it needs 4 wheel alignment.
    Also make sure they are the same size e.g if 3 of the tires are 195 50 16R and one of them is 195 55 16R that could casue it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

ok,

all the tyre pressures are 32,

car is Matiz, so you cannot adjust the rear axcel at all, only front.

So therefore you cannot have four-wheel aligment.

I think all the tyres are same size, 155/70 R13.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

it is always a good idea to have two tyres of the same thread and profile depth on the one axle, especially if it is the driven axle. (ideally you have four of the same all round)

get another new tyre ...doesn't cost the world and is so much safer

EDIT

you say
    thanks to too much speed and too much in driving in the left,

so basically you destroyed your front left by bombing down past the edge of the road ...in that case your tracking could indeed be well out ...you probably hit something fairly hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Get new tyres AND alignment because you're just throwing money away if your tyres are wearing unevenly. While you're at it ask the fitter to give the suspension a quick look over. There might be some wear and tear on bushings for example. All in all this is not going to cost you small fortune but you will save on tyre wear and you stand to gain a lot on handling comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

itarumaa wrote: »
    new tyre in the right (40-45e)

New tyre.

You could buy a full set of tyres and have enough change for a brand new spare out of what I paid for one of my tyres recently. As posted- two identical pairs, tracking, stay out of the sh*te at the roadside and slow down.

• Advertisement
Advertisement