Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website help

Options
  • 07-02-2008 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I need to get a website for a voluntary organisation I work with - simple one which will not cost too much. Can anyone help?
    Thanks.
    Tony

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭DJMG92

If you have dreamweaver or frontpage, There actually quite simple to make.

Otherwise just search the web for a online site builder

(If your up to it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Ipanema

Hi Tony,

I get mine done abroad - good quality but cheaper than here. It's worth getting a good design, if you will rely on it to give a good image.

How many pages are you looking at? I can get a quote for you then, or give you some contacts. Just message me and I'll see what I can find out for you.

Aidan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

See my ad in adverts for web design

I'd be happy to work with any voluntary organisation for a reasonable rate, happy to give discount

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 351 ✭✭ron_darrell

As above - currently doing a site for the charity spirit-of-children-ireland.ie : colour scheme not my idea ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Hi Tony

If you can give me (us) an idea of the size/scope of project, I could have a look at it for you. As above, in an ideal world without issues like rent, etc, it'd be a freebie for a voluntary org, but we could still manage to work in a reasonable discount.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Buy a hosting package with fantastico - loads around from about €120 / year. You can install a free program called Joomla with one click. Joomla will help you create a professional looking website with no technical expertiese or software. You can get skins to change the look of your site. You can log in and update content using any web browser. You can edit the content directly on the page no need to use ftp software etc to update. Its worth looking into.

Hiring someone to this could be a pricey affair, and may be unnessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 nickides

hmm, sounds interesting. How "big" will this site be?

Advertisement