Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Backpackers Travel Insurance for 1 year

• 07-02-2008 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi all have my trip booked with Trail finders I’m looking for the best value Travel insurance, I have been looking at worldwide ex America and Canada for a 12 month period. Do you need Cancellation and baggage included because it really brings the price up? Any recommendations?

Thanks So Much I’m so excited now.:p

Maggie:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

You don't need cancellation and baggage as obviously you're health is more important and having that covered is sufficient enough. But losing or having your baggage stolen will ruin your trip. I've bumped into people who lost everything and had no choice but to go home. Cancellation can help especially if you are going to be in central and south America where it may be rainy season and the airplanes seem to take off whenever the pilot bothers to show up.

If you are fully confident that you will not have anything expensive with you and that you will not lose anything or have anything of importance lost or stolen then don't bother with the extra cover. But you can't always have control in those areas.

I've heard good things about ACE. I'm considering going with them later this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

I checked out AceTravelInsurance.ie last night seemed good too, all in for €300 cover for 12months!

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Flynn

Anybody know what the story is if you plan on being away for more than 13 months? I'll be in Oz after that for a good while.. will i be fine there with no insurance? (on the Ace website it says Irish citizens are given free hospital treatment in Oz)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

ya heard something about that, I think as long as you are working in Oz you are entitled to medical cover, not sure of any catches yet

Advertisement