Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Uneven wear on a rear tyre.

Options
  • 07-02-2008 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭

I have a '98 Golf mk4 and i was cheaking the rear tyres last night when I found that the rear left was worn down to the canvas on its inner edge.

Whats the most likely to have caused this? Im thinking trailing arm bushing but could it be a wheel bearing gone or something else? There is a faint wheel bearing rumble in the car but its not too bad.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭hebejebees

Just get it up on a jack and give the wheel a bit of a rattle, any movement something is gone, other than that it could be the alignment, i'm not sure if there is adjustment but it is possible something could be bent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭domania

Golf's need camber adjustment along with alignment. Most likely yours is out of whack. Did you ever replace your shocks at the back of the car? Only a few garages are set up to do this so you'll have to ring around. It will cost around €100.

I got it done in a place in Finglas a few years ago when I had a Seat Ibiza. It was the only place I could find that did it.

Advertisement