Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity shops or the like in D13?

Options
  • 07-02-2008 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭

Hi, Does anyone know if there are any charity shops or the like in D13? Or basically around Raheny, Kilbarrack, Donaghmede, Baldoyle or Sutton?

I've stuff to get rid of, and it would be a waste to throw out (might not fit in my bin either!). In particular a perfectly good working 15" PC CRT monitor (i replaced it with a tidier LCD flat screen).

Are there Dublin City Council centres to bring stuff like that as well?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I highly doubt they will take a monitor.
    It could be damaged and if someone (most likely poor) takes it and gets hurt/electrocuted or a fire starts you can pretty much gurantee they'll sue.
    Sure why wouldn't they if there is a possibility of a big win.
    For this reason, charity shops don't take electrical equipment.

Under the WEEE directive, give it to the shop where you bought the LCD. It's their problem, that's why you pay the WEEE tax.
    Retailers were supposed to pay for WEEE but every single one passed it to consumers as an extra charge :mad:. So take no crap from them if they refuse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

there is a charity shop in greendale shopping centre beside the chipper and there is a bring centre beside the garda station on the tonlegee road, not sure if they take eletrical though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Why don't you give it away for free on adverts.ie? I had to get rid of something recently and I advertised here. It was great, I got rid of something I didn't want and someone got something they'd get use out of. It's win win!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Try freecycle..you can dispose of all sorts of junk on there.You can also get all sorts or rubbish there,its great!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭donaghs

Thanks guys, there's also a recycling centre on North Strand who said they'd take it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement