Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor Phone availability

• 07-02-2008 12:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if Meteor always have this type of availability, or lack thereof, when it comes to phones.

I'm entitled to an upgrade with the Billpay option and am try to get my hands on the Samsung G600. Nowhere in Dublin city centre has one, and they've been giving me the run-a-round sending me up to Carphone warehouse and other stores only to find out they don't have any.

After ringing customer service, she gave me the number of Meteor on Grafton street and said they would be getting some in on Wednesday. She also said they would take my name and agree to hold one for me. Of course, the store themselves said that they could not do this as it would be unfair to other customers.

It's a bit of a joke and I'm seriously considering moving to another provider as their selection is very poor, and any of the good phones are never available.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭innocenteyesuk

I got the G600 about two weeks ago on Meteor. Got it in Grafton St. Got the last one apparently.

They said it had been very popular.

My friend wanted one too and the guy took her name and number and said he'd hold one when they got it back in which he said would be the 13th which would be next Wednesday.

Just keep trying, its a great phone. I'd definately hold out.

I'm only a bit peeved at the fact it got a €50 reduction this week to €49. I paid €99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭7.Ronaldo

Well the fact that CPW don't have them in stock either means that your problem isn't only with Meteor.

If I were you I'd phone around any independent dealers such as CPW and 3G in your area to see if they are expecting any in. Apart from that theres not a lot you can do and if another network do have the phone available and your happy enough with they're package then you might be better off changing network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

I got the G600 about two weeks ago on Meteor. Got it in Grafton St. Got the last one apparently.

They said it had been very popular.

My friend wanted one too and the guy took her name and number and said he'd hold one when they got it back in which he said would be the 13th which would be next Wednesday.

Just keep trying, its a great phone. I'd definately hold out.

I'm only a bit peeved at the fact it got a €50 reduction this week to €49. I paid €99.

I asked her could she take my details but she refused, will call in tomorrow and see if they say the same face to face.

At least I know it's worth waiting for now :)

Advertisement