Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peter Mark or Toni and Guy?

• 07-02-2008 12:25pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭

Want to get my hair done today, probably in Dundrum or Blackrock... so which hairdressers will I go to??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

oooooh i love Peter Mark in Dundrum!!

Have had great results with them both times ive been there and the staff are very friendly and have time to listen to what you want done and really take it in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭cupcake

Toni & Guy are more professional in my experience. I've never had a bad cut from t hem. I got a terrible cut at Peter Mark a few years ago.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

see, I've been to PM in Dundrum, was pretty good. think I'll just stick with them, despite the few ****ty cuts I've had from PM's in other places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

yeah that's the thing i'm the same, used to go to my local PM and stopped was fairly hasty going to PM Dundrum but i really think they are fab!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Peter marks only allow a certain amount of time for cutting, cattle market in my eyes,

Toni & Guy definetly Go during the week when it is quiet as well like a tuesday or wednesday you will get a better service..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Toni & Guy. But you might have to book well in advance depending on what you want to get and what time suits!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

The staff in PM's in Dundrum town centre are really stuck up. The branch on the main street is much friendlier in my opinion. There is a polish girl there who always does a great job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Havent been to the ones in Dundrum but In dublin city the Toni and Guy on Dame st was soo much better than any peter mark i've been in.

They take their time, have a good chat with you, and make good suggestions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Baileys & ice

WOuldn't go to either of them, I once went to PM to buy a heat protecting spray for my hair and felt like I was been looked down on and i was only there for 2 mins tops!! Wouldn't like to be stuck there for 2 hours! Plus they spend more time lookin at themselves in the mirror than concentrating on the job!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Toni & Guy by a distance. Peter Marks have a feel of a conveyor belt about them. Still though, it varies from salon to salon and hairdresser to hairdresser.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,929 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

T&G ftw!! The peter marks in Dundrum is dreadful, the one on the main street is good, but it's hard to beat T&G, the standard is much better. Was once left waiting for 45 mins in PM dundrum and I had an appointment, got no apology or anything. Not even offered a cup of tea while I was waiting!And to top it off the girl butchered my hair! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Rossibaby

yup peter mark is ****e to be honest,most branches...seem unprofessional.i got my hair dyed there,blonde highlights and it came out like ****ing bronze...what was worse was the manager couldnt see the mistake...i pointed to the other girls working there with blonde hair and said thats blonde like!was at it for ten minutes before got them to actually put anotehr coat on and it came out better but still not great

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭RuailleBuaille

All you have to do is look in the window of any PM, check out the hairdo's on the stylists and ask yourself 'Do I really want to look that ridiculous?' and then go to T&G. Unless you're 16 of course, in which case, ridiculous is all the rage! :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I ended up in Peter Marks in Dundrum SC and got a fantastic cut. My hairdresser was brilliant, he did a great job and gave me a lovely funky cut :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mhoward

I'm just wondering, Where would be the best Toni & Guy Salon to go to? What about Peter Marks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭sukikettle

Peter Mark in Bridgewater Arklow avoid if you're really into your cut and colour. I went there to save money and I'll have to return to T&G in B'rock to have it 'fixed'. I tried to save money at another joint 15 mths ago and they completely ruined my hair and it was amazing how T&G restored my cut without compromising the length.Thanks Carla at T&G.
    They are expensive but very reliable and my blonde lights look very natural and I get 4 months out of them as my roots are auburn and I can get away with it. T&G in Dundrum not as expensive and my mates are always pleased but T&G in Blackrock know me and never disappoint. P.S. In Peter Mark in Arklow when I asked the girl to curl my hair by wrapping my hair around the brush and pulling it through. She proceeded to retrieve every brush suitable and use them as curlers leaving them all in. And then she had to untangle my hair-painful and tedious and unnecessary

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sosyourface

I have always been sceptical about going to Peter Mark since I went there 5 years ago and wasn't really happy with what I got. However, since my office Christmas party is tomorrow, I was desperate to get my hair cut beforehand, so I booked myself in with Peter Mark in Dundrum Town Centre.
    The salon was very busy so I had to wait about 10 mins before I had my hair washed, but it was worth the wait - the heated, back-massager chairs at the sinks are fantastic! Then I was waiting 15-20 mins to get my hair cut, but in fairness, it's the weekend before Christmas so I didn't think this was a long wait.
    The stylist I had was very nice and did exactly what I wanted. She made sure that everything was perfect before she let me go. The cut was absolutely perfect and was definitely worth the €55. Since it's Christmas I also got a complimentary €10 voucher to use against my next haircut.
    Will definitely be going back there, I thought it was excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Neither - go to Brown Sugar, it's on South William St. I wouldn't bother going to Peter Mark or Toni and Guy, it's too conveyor belt-ish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭GSpoon

tinkerbell wrote: »
    Neither - go to Brown Sugar, it's on South William St. I wouldn't bother going to Peter Mark or Toni and Guy, it's too conveyor belt-ish.

Tinkerbell, i totally agree... been going to Brown Sugar for over a year now. They do exactly what you ask for and the service is outstanding in comparisson to any other hair salon in Dublin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 godeas

Worth are absolute rip offs. I used to go to Toni and Guy for highlights and when Id come out they didnt even get in at the roots so Id have to go back every 4 wkss paying bloody 130 to get them done. I heard other stories of people experiencing this as they try to rip you off.

A for Peter Marks, the one of Grafton St I was so pleased with until the b**ks of a Manager there (who knew me from my regular appointments) tried to rip me off with the price and one the the stylists even jumped to my rescue and said he was wrong. If thats how they treat their loyal customers, I hope they go out of business and that karma comes back to them :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

The last 3 or 4 haircuts, I went to Peter Marks in Drogheda... girl was great and I went on Sundays because I found it was quieter and they had more time to listen to you. I also had cool blonde panels put in there and was so so happy with it :)

Last week I went to Style Club in the Pavillions in Swords (I think there's one in town somewhere too?) Part of the PM group and very colourful place with tvs everywhere. Loved it - the dude was great, showed me how to style my cut myself and really paid attention to me. I would highly reccommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 manana

I was very disappointed with Dundrum Peter Marks, especially with their handling of customer relations.
    My daughter clearly asked for a certain length of cut and fringe trim. She's 15 and I was sitting beside her when she asked. She clearly didn't get what she requested. Her views were ingored. I rang to complain and was told the manager was on leave but would contact me. I am still waiting nearly a month later. I would not go back.
    :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I've had the odd bad haircut from both TBH. My hair is simply a bob with layers at the front and easimeche.

Once in T&G they obviously got me a student. I looked like a page boy and was in tears by the end of it.

In PM sometimes I feel like I'm doing them a favour by going there, and depending on the stylist my hair isn't cut straight.

I would ask for stylist recommendations instead of hairdresser recommendations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I'm a guy but I use Toni & Guy, I used Peter Mark before but to be fair, it really is a cattle market and just a case of "get ya in/get ya out". If you don't mind paying a bit extra, you're get a better cut and more relaxed atmosphere in T&G

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Toni and Guy all the way. Peter Marks (various different ones) have raped my hair at least 3 times in my life

Toni and Guy are always dependable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭amz5

Peter Mark seem a bit old fashioned, I used to go there when I was a teenager, but theyjust seemed to give me bland cuts. No new ideas.

I've gone to Toni and Guy a few times, but won't go back after the last time I was there. I have a cow's lick in my hair, so my side fringe needs to be cut very carefully. They didn't cut it carefully so I ended up having to wear a hairband for a month because the little fringe (straight, all the way across) just stuck up in the air.:mad:

I think it's often best to go with a recommended hairdresser rather than recommended salon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I LOVE Peter Mark Stephens Green. Been going there for years...anytime a hiardresser I use isn't available I move onto the next one..have had cuts by about 5/6 of them and never a bad one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

The one in stephens green butchered me before.

Went in and asked for the most basic haircut ever. Light brown dye, small side fringe

Dyed it black, Cut wonky layers, and then a fringe that went down and back up again!!

Wasnt a newbie either

Advertisement