Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BROKE my broadband! Airport Express Help??

Options
  • 07-02-2008 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I am on a 10mb package from magnet which is good, althought they won't let you use third party routers! And for 2 weeks now my speeds have been 1000kb/s or slower when they use to be 10000kb/s or higher!!!

I contacted magnet who were helpfull and they sent someone out the next day, who just told me after doing tests! That the problem is the line outside and I remember Eircom working on that line so basically they messed it up, then I had to get back onto magnet and tell them, they contacted Eircom and reported the fault now I am waiting for Eircom to come and check the line!! And I am being told I may need to pay for this????:mad:

Any ideas?

Also Magnet just told me that if i use their router as a bridge I can connect another adsl2+ router to the ethernet port on the magnet router and into the wan port on my new router (apple airport extreme) done all this and got a green light from the airport express but when I went to the internet I got "internet explorer cannot display the webpage" i do remember when setting up the airport express it asked me how my isp gets it's IP address I chose automatically, when now thinking about it I have a static ip is this the problem? do i need to reconfigure?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

Firstly, your DSL Router doesn't need to be in bridge mode. If you setup the Airport to automatically detect settings as you did (and have a different IP range that your current DSL modem), it will work fine.

Change your DSL modem mode back to Routing. Power them both off and turn on DSL > 30 seconds > then turn on the Airport.

Advertisement