Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

new driving test criteria

Options
  • 07-02-2008 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

just heard about this, there are new test criteria being roumored:

1) all driving instructors must pass an instructors course before they are allowed to do business

2) all applicants must first sit 30 hours of theoretic driving instructions (rules of the road, the technical workings of a car, driving physics)

3) all applicants must pass a theoretical test before they are allowed to drive

4) all driving instruction to be performed by certified testers in dual control cars only

5) all applicants must show 15 hours of city/town driving, 2 hours of overland driving, 2 hours of motorway driving and 2 hours of night driving under tuition before they are allowed to do the practical test.

6) the practical driving test will be carried out by testers on a rotating schedule (ie different testers every week) and on a totally random test route as decided and instructed by the tester during the test

oh no ...hang on ...that's not new at all :D

That is in fact what I had to go through to get my license 25 years ago

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭CPG

peasant wrote: »
    just heard about this, there are new test criteria being roumored:

1) all driving instructors must pass an instructors course before they are allowed to do business

2) all applicants must first sit 30 hours of theoretic driving instructions (rules of the road, the technical workings of a car, driving physics)

3) all applicants must pass a theoretical test before they are allowed to drive

4) all driving instruction to be performed by certified testers in dual control cars only

5) all applicants must show 15 hours of city/town driving, 2 hours of overland driving, 2 hours of motorway driving and 2 hours of night driving under tuition before they are allowed to do the practical test.

6) the practical driving test will be carried out by testers on a rotating schedule (ie different testers every week) and on a totally random test route as decided and instructed by the tester during the test

oh no ...hang on ...that's not new at all :D

That is in fact what I had to go through to get my license 25 years ago
    Yep the roads are still full of muppets on their 3rd 4th 5th provisional. !!

Advertisement