Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL Broadband availability issues

Options
  • 07-02-2008 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

All my neighbours on my road get broadband. Despite out house only being built in 2005 the line was not able to take it as it was shared. In october I ordered a new line for broadband which after daily phone calls and complaints was installed yesterday. The technician confirms (twice now) that the line is better than anyone else's in the vicinity and is capable of taking broadband.

Guess what???

I ring up eircom to order - "sorry but your line is not capable of accepting broadband".

Ring Technician "yes it is capable".

ARRGGGGGGGGH

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭rav1410

Im pretty sure it takes a few weeks to update the Eircom database. It is eircom after all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

eircom used to test lines on a periodic basis. So when you rang up a tech to ask if your line was suitable, he wasn't looking at your line, he was just checking the last results on the line.

If they're still doing this, then your new line probably hasn't been tested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 mdfireng

The guy I rang was the guy who installed it and all the others in the area

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I've edited thread title in-line with forum charter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bassically1066

Just ring Eircom and tell them that you have had a new line installed and ask them to do a new site survey. I did this it took two days and all was cleared (Still took 3 weeks to go the exchange and flick the switch though)

• Advertisement
Advertisement