Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting Accomodtation Search

Options
  • 07-02-2008 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭

(Ignore the badly misspelled title.. I should proof read in future)

I'm currently on campus now and figure I should start looking for somewhere to live next year.
    What advice can you give to me, those who have been through this? I won't be living with my current housemates as one of them drives me mad, I don't particularly want to live with my close friends as we might get on each others nerves for certain reasons.
    Where do you start?
    I will probably have to consider moving into a house of strangers. Which are the best, but reasonably priced areas to look in? Or most importantly, what are the prices I'd most likely be paying?

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Tis a bit early.Places dont usually come up till after the exams?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

panda100 wrote: »
    Tis a bit early.Places dont usually come up till after the exams?

Oh yes, I know. But people are looking around already apparently, and it'll be good to know what to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 theleprechaun

Oh yes, I know. But people are looking around already apparently, and it'll be good to know what to expect.

If thats the case, i better start looking around myself:eek: I had thought April would be plenty of time to start looking...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I started looking in July last summer and got an awesome apartment 15 minutes walk from college. So long as you beat the LC results and "oh**** I need a home" rush you'll have no problem, in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

How does that work though? I mean what happens if you 'find' a place in april, july etc... Do you sign an agreement to let it from september or do you have to pay the rent from then onwards? :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement