Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help me with my studies!!!

Options
  • 07-02-2008 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello folks - still looking for volunteers! I can see loads of people have read my post but nobody has contacted me!

Please find it in your hearts to help a student!

I will be very happy to provide proof of who I am and what I am doing from the University if it is required.

Here is a copy of my previous post:
    am currently doing research into 'Gay women in Ireland and the associated issues surrounding family planning' for my Open University diploma in Social Policy.

I would like to find volunteers to interview sometime in February or March - preferably somebody who has had children using family planning services in Ireland (in whatever shape or form!) or is planning to have children, either on your own, or with a partner.

Everything will be treated in the strictest confidence and participants will have full access to and control of the information used.

If you are interested, please PM me.

Thank you!smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

With all due respect to those that mod it, this is a very quiet forum, and you should post on the following if you have not already done so.

gaire.com
    queerid.com
    angrypotato.net
    sapphicireland.com

The latter two are sites specifically for lesbians, so you are most likely to get a response from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

True, I don't know how many of our regular posters fall into your desired social demograph, but I suspect it's not that many. For what its worth, it sounds like an interesting research piece though its hard to see the angle from which you're going to approach this issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 lgbt@labour.ie

I would also suggest contacting Lesbians in Cork - www.linc.ie - but definitely www.sapphicireland.com is a good place to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 haamdhanimaid

Hi guys, thank you very much for your suggestions, I will have a look at those sites immediately.

Yes, hopefully the research will be interesting - it is more just getting somebody's personal narrative, to hear their experiences in dealing with this subject, and pinpointing how are our personal lives are profoundly affected by policy.

Please keep the suggestions coming!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭markw999

With all due respect to those that mod it, this is a very quiet forum, and you should post on the following if you have not already done so.

gaire.com
    queerid.com
    angrypotato.net
    sapphicireland.com

The latter two are sites specifically for lesbians, so you are most likely to get a response from there.

AngryPotato is very much NOT specifically for lesbians. It was set up by two but has more than its fair share of gay men on there. I posted on there for years (don't any more)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

markw999 wrote: »
    AngryPotato is very much NOT specifically for lesbians. It was set up by two but has more than its fair share of gay men on there. I posted on there for years (don't any more)

I'm sure that information will be of great help to the OP.:rolleyes:

You will find a lot more lesbanians on angrypotato than on Gaire or QID so they are the best sites to target. Simple.

Advertisement