Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tikka T3 Picatinny rail

Options
  • 07-02-2008 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've a question for all t3 tactical owners. I recently purchased a t3 tactical and am delighted with it. However there's one thing bothering me. One of the screws holding the rail to the rifle isn't flush with rail. Its protruding up about 2mm. Is this right? Its the first screw down from the muzzle end, ie the screw closest to the objective. The shop said it was right, but I have my doubts.

Before anybody says I'm being petty I'm not :D

Oh, and before anybdy says "Tighten It" I think its at its limit and won't go any further

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭marlyman

they should all sit flush, mine do as do the ones in my dealers shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Thanks Marlyman

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭marlyman

perhaps you should remove the screw and see if theres debris down there. youll have to heat it first to losen the glue.

The screw actually comes out no bother. I'm going to take out the one beside it to see if its the same length. whats the best way of heating it up to loosen the glue?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

If its the one at the front of the rail (muzzle end) its a stop screw as far as i know. It stops things sliding off the end of the rail. Theres no hole under it to screw into AFAIK.

• Advertisement

Rew wrote: »
    If its the one at the front of the rail (muzzle end) its a stop screw as far as i know. It stops things sliding off the end of the rail. Theres no hole under it to screw into AFAIK.

Thats the one. There's 4 flush screws from trigger to muzzle end and then this little fella sticking up about 2mm, so its a stop screw.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Jonty wrote: »
    Hi all,

One of the screws holding the rail to the rifle isn't flush with rail. Its protruding up about 2mm.

Mine is exactly the same!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Jonty wrote: »
    Thats the one. There's 4 flush screws from trigger to muzzle end and then this little fella sticking up about 2mm, so its a stop screw.

Thanks

I just ignore it on mine. Screwing it in will force the rail off the reciver.

Fair enough lads, Thanks for the responses! Its much appreciated!

Advertisement