Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can't believe it's not a mods beer-up.

Options
  • 07-02-2008 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Well, in fear of derailing Basquille's thread, I'm posting a shiny new one.

Since our mods are abandoning us on Friday night, I propose beerage and then drunken posting for all. If anyone is interested I shall be pumping alcohol into myself in McLaughlins on Friday night, huzzah!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I CAN'TTTTT....

Tonight is my free night, tomorrow I'll have my little girl...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Pah! She wouldn't be interested in beer? ;) *

*fozzle does not condone getting small children drunk. Unless it's really funny.

It'll be Fanta and yucky birthday cake for me tomorrow night.

Heres a thought: When kids blow out the candles on a birthday cake, (generally 8 times or so,) they spit all over it.

The moral of the story: Let them eat cake.

And buy a nice one for yourself and hide it from the kids.

Anyway, back on topic, have one for me guys.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Sorry Fozzle, will be in Stanfords* in Dromahair tomorrow.

*Serve parents who by Friday need beer more.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Good idea to get yourselves out for a while and get a wee gargle. We will be sipping orange juice in the big smoke ;)

• Advertisement

muffler wrote: »
    Good idea to get yourselves out for a while and get a wee gargle. We will be sipping orange juice in the big smoke ;)

The big smoke :D

Its worse than we thought lads.

They'll come back with big fancy thoughs of Mojitos and Hugs and stuff...

We'll be coming back with big bloody hangovers (hopefully)

and nothing else

We'll be coming back with big bloody hangovers (hopefully)

and nothing else
    Arms in slings and black eyes if ye start the hugging and free love antics.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

tuppence wrote: »

I think I was in Stanfords a few times. Is it the pub when you go in the door and there is a bar and another door to th right that brings you into a smaller bar?

I think I was in Stanfords a few times. Is it the pub when you go in the door and there is a bar and another door to th right that brings you into a smaller bar?

Yes really old bar to the left which extends to another room, snug to the right. Open fires, trad session on alternate Friday. Picture poster place. The kind of place you expect Sally O Brien to walk into. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Thats the place! It's a good spot. I like old pubs like that. Do you wok there?

There's something about a brand new/refurbished pub I don't like, no good athmosphere or someting.

Thats the place! It's a good spot. I like old pubs like that. Do you wok there?

There's something about a brand new/refurbished pub I don't like, no good athmosphere or someting.

No dont work there. (Have done my time elsewhere alright years ago) Its a little treasure of a place alright, very unspoilt. Sometimes there can be up to 15 session players (they just keep coming) with the trad and can really lift the roof off the place. Great.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I'm in the throws of moving so can't make it. Have a great night and Happy Birthday Sueme :D

magnumlady wrote: »
    I'm in the throws of moving so can't make it. Have a great night and Happy Birthday Sueme :D
    Yes, Happy Birthday Sueme. Go easy on that cake! ;) Shall raise a glass to you later.
    Hey good luck with the move too Magnumlady. :)

Thanks girls!
    Good luck with the move Magnunlady, not too far away I hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

What to do? What to do? We have a babysitter tonight!!! Could be Stanfords too?....could be Sligo? Where's "the big smoke"?....;)
    Happy Birthday Sueme!

What to do? What to do? We have a babysitter tonight!!! Could be Stanfords too?....could be Sligo? Where's "the big smoke"?....;)
    Happy Birthday Sueme!

Re Stanfords pls see above, (very good for thirsty parents too.) You dont want to be heading to 'the big smoke'. Theres a a closed party of mods up there on a "knees up" that could turn nasty.:eek: Too much of a mix of sharp wits, folk going cold turkey (from being away from cumputers), and huggers together in the one room.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Happy Birthday Sueme! :)

I'd love to (Really you have no idea) But I'm working all weekend and couldn't cope with a hangover in here! :(

*Serve parents who by Friday need beer more.

Will you be wearing a red carnation? ;):D

Will you be wearing a red carnation? ;):D
    A smile of course if you (ye) are coming and ill try not to be wearing me beer at any point either. ;)
    Of course if you are serious pm me and we can hook up. That would be great.

• Advertisement

A smile of course if you (ye) are coming and ill try not to be wearing me beer at any point either. ;)
    Of course if you are serious pm me and we can hook up. That would be great.

Consider yourself pm'd ;)

*plans a lonely evening sulking in a corner of McLaughlins*
    :(

Truth is I'll probably be here raising hell, but anyway.....

Arms in slings and black eyes if ye start the hugging and free love antics.:D
    Thankfully I got back with nothing more than I promised - a gigantic hangover.

Oh shit what a night. And the female mods - it was like a fashion show with real life models. Christ I cant wait till the next mods beers night ;)

Ah just to fill you all in briefly. Yeah it was a mods beers night with a couple of the Smods and admins there. It was somewhere in Dublin and Im fucked if I can remember the name of the place or the street but it was one helluva night. Think it was after 3 before we got chucked out.

Im glad to see you all behaved - thought maybe that the cat and mouse adage would be prevalent but you are all good people.

Thankfully I got back with nothing more than I promised - a gigantic hangover.

Oh shit what a night. And the female mods - it was like a fashion show with real life models. Christ I cant wait till the next mods beers night ;)

Ah just to fill you all in briefly. Yeah it was a mods beers night with a couple of the Smods and admins there. It was somewhere in Dublin and Im fucked if I can remember the name of the place or the street but it was one helluva night. Think it was after 3 before we got chucked out.

Im glad to see you all behaved - thought maybe that the cat and mouse adage would be prevalent but you are all good people.

Only 3! Met Tulipandthistle minus the red carnations. ;) Great nite. We had a few for you too Sueme. Good lookin people in North west too and if quiet due to party til 6! ;) So not so well behaved. Took naughty behaviour elsewhere. :p Rugby today, now back to the real world for another while. :(
    Fozzle how was Mclaughlins?

Only 3! Met Tulipandthistle minus the red carnations. ;) Great nite. We had a few for you too Sueme. Good lookin people in North west too and if quiet due to party til 6! ;) So not so well behaved. Took naughty behaviour elsewhere. :p Rugby today, now back to the real world for another while. :(
    Great to hear that we werent the only lot enjoying ourselves.

:o I didn't go! Can't remember what I did actually, there may have been beer here.........

Advertisement