Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the going rate?

Options
  • 07-02-2008 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

just a quick question it dos,nt concern myself but i was talking to two girls in my taxi and they were telling me they pay 850 euro a month for one room and share a double bed in a shared appartment in dublin city center .
    i thought this was a total rip off and was just wondering what the going rate is for dublin cc ??

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

www.daft.ie will give you a good idea.

Rent in Dublin is crazy,rent in Dublin city centre is really crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭lost marbles

Moonbeam wrote: »
    www.daft.ie will give you a good idea.

Rent in Dublin is crazy,rent in Dublin city centre is really crazy.
    so its about the going rate all i can say is those landlords are greedy effers :( thanks for that they seemed like nice girls fresh from the country who i thought were being ripped off but imo all those rents are way over what should be paid

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

we got a leaflet in the foor this evening (in Clondalkin), Large double bedroom for €600pm, pretty decent I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

imo all those rents are way over what should be paid

It's a free rental market here with essentially no rent control so this is the result.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

we got a leaflet in the foor this evening (in Clondalkin), Large double bedroom for €600pm, pretty decent I thought

Really?
    I can't detect if that is sarcasm or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

It's almost certainly sarcasm. I'd want to be living in a palace if i was paying 600 for a room in a shared house with any more than 1/2 other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭microgirl

Igy wrote: »
    It's almost certainly sarcasm. I'd want to be living in a palace if i was paying 600 for a room in a shared house with any more than 1/2 other people.

I hope you're not looking to rent a well-appointed room in Dublin any time soon then, because €600 for a large double is pretty common. Now, rooms at that price are usually very nicely decorated, and/or in new builds where recent owner-occupiers are trying to cover the mortgage. A small or shabby room at that price is taking the piss. But unless you want to live out in D15 or D24, €500-600 is what you're looking at for a double room in a shared house or apartment.

Oh, and that *is* only with maybe two other tenants. Not 5. Those rooms are cheaper :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

they pay 850 euro a month for one room and share a double bed in a shared appartment in dublin city center .
    Thats €425 each which isn't bad. That it is shared with others is the problem - I suspect they negotiated a bad deal with the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I'm continually staggered at how rent has gone in Dublin these days.

I used to work in McDondalds flipping burgers about 15 years ago and could afford a nice flat in Clarinda Park in Dun Laoghaire.

I could rent a similar place to today but there wouldnt be much fun money left over, and I'm a long long way from flipping burger salary these days.

How the hell do people just out of college afford to even rent a gaff of their own these days??!!

Its totally crazy!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I think for 750E a month I would expect not to be expected to disappear at the weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Finance from €1,829.00 per month. http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=146663

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

I dont think the price is in question its the terms and the weirdness of the owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Jackz wrote: »

That guy is really taking the p!ss. He wants to rent a place for 5 days of the week and would probably give the tenant sh!t all the time.

Advertisement