Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

any one been to Croatia????

• 07-02-2008 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me wat croatia is like?? it looks amazing but is it a really quiet place to go is there much goin on ie resturants/bars etc....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭nads

yeah wondering this myself, heard parts of dubrovnik is real couply like, thinking of going with my girlfriend, want to know what the locals are like, would they be eyeing my white gf out of it like the usual sleazy holiday resorts types

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

nads wrote: »
    yeah wondering this myself, heard parts of dubrovnik is real couply like, thinking of going with my girlfriend, want to know what the locals are like, would they be eyeing my white gf out of it like the usual sleazy holiday resorts types

no. Dubrovnik town centre is well used to tourists. The cruise ships parked in the harbour week long see to that.

nads wrote: »
    would they be eyeing my white gf out of it like the usual sleazy holiday resorts types

:rolleyes: FFS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 DangleDevil

I've been to Dubrovnik, Split and Zagreb. Really loved it in Croatia.
    Dubrovnik was nice, a bit to touristy for my liking, very commerical, but still a nice place, eating was probably the best in this area.

Split was cool, has good shops (topshop etc) 2 mins away from beach! The nightlife there was super tacky though, just like the usual holiday thing. From split i did an island hop to 'Hvar', a must do if you ask me!! Cheap as chips. Theres something like a 1000 islands just off Croatia you can go to and i think if your gonna go there its a must do.

Zagreb is the capital, cool city bit more expensive but thats to be expected.
    Another thing i'd recommend to do is go to one of the national parks, can't remember which one i went to , it was 4 hour bus journey from Split and it was so gorgeous, lovely waterfalls, scenery ect.
    I thought the locals were fine, had absolutly no trouble, pretty safe place from my experience, well worth a visit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

I went to Croatia last summer, flew into Dubrovnik in the south, and made my way up along the coast, visited an island, and then flew out of Split. I went with my girlfriend and had a great time. A mate of mine went on a lads trip and had a brilliant time too, so it's not just great for couples.

Dubrovnik is lovely, although can be overcrowded with tourists during the day when the cruise ships come in for a few hours. Some really nice bars on the rocks overlooking the Adriatic, especially Buza bar. The sea and scenery are great, most of the people are really nice, and the food is pretty ok too, a lot seafood and Italian dishes. In fact, the only rude people we encountered were some of the groups of brash Italian tourists.

Definitely go to some islands, (we went to Hvar) because they have the best spots for chilling/going out and you can rent boats etc.

I'd high recommend it over your average holiday to the Mediterranean. You can just rent an apartment in advance or try your luck when you get there - there are normally people looking to let a room at the port!

Oh and Nads, your girlfriend would want to be a supermodel for the locals to be sleazing on her, the amount of unbelievably beautiful people (locals and tourists) that you see on the beach is incredible!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Ivicia

I spent a week in Dunbrovnik and loved it. Croates are white and both men and women are all very very good looking...They are friendly but not in a sleasy way.

Advertisement