Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

01 Ford Focus - central locking

Options
  • 07-02-2008 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi,

When I lock the drivers door from the inside, all doors lock but I can't unlock it. I used to be able to lean over and unlock all door but hitting the unlock button on the passenger door but recently this has stopped too. Its just stuck. I can press the unlock button on the electronic key but this isn't ideal and could be quite dangerous if I got into an accident.

any ideas appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Does this happen more often when its very cold out (early morning first thing etc...)? My '00 focus had a similar problem sometimes when it was very cold, but only with the drivers side door, that when unlocked with the key (no remote central locking) it would open the door lock but not activate the central locking immidiately (sometimes it could be a minute or 2 before the rest of the doors would open). The passenger door worked fine from both inside and out.
    Mine was never a problem really. Best to get it checked out if its a worry. I'm sure its to do with the amount of use the drivers door gets more than another door on the car, and now with you using the passenger door more the extra wear and tear might have caused that to go.
    Really it shouldn't happen. Probabaly some small electrical fault/loose wiring.

Advertisement