Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Formal Evening Dress Advice

• 07-02-2008 4:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭

I have been invited to attend an event called 100th Night at West Point, the United States Military Academy. I'm accompanying an old friend I've known for ten years, since we were 16. It's an evening that includes a show, a banquet and a formal ball in honor of the first class cadets who have 100 nights left until graduation. I have two weeks to find a dress.
    The cadets all wear their uniforms which are a blueish gray with yellow piping and a maroon belt. Black seems to be a very popular choice for the ladies who attend. But I'd like to do a little something different. I'm thinking red. I look good in red. But my best friend thinks I should wear yellow or gold, because I am pale and dark haired, and it will match the uniform. I'm concerned though because my skin's undertones are yellow, so I don't know if that's like putting a ginger in orange.
    Or should I not even bother with trying to match the uniform and just go with a green or pink or purple?
    Like I said, I've only two weeks to put this all together, and any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Comments

Don't match the uniform
    Go with what you fab in! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

If you look good in red, then go for it!
    A grey dress could also look nice, I'm also quite pale and have dark hair, and I recently wore a dark bluish/grey dress to a formal event, got lots of compliments and the colour was quite unusual, as most people were wearing black or red.
    Maybe you could ask your date if he knows what colours are usually worn? But, as the other poster said, go in what you are most comfortable, it sounds like it'll be a long night! Enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

I don't think red is right for formal. Black best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Thank you for your responses! I actually found a dress and bought it. It happens to be pink.

02030112_B1.jpg

It fits like a glove, and I think with some chandelier earrings it will be very glamorous.
    Again, thank you so much for your suggestions!

Advertisement