Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JG Steyr, Good gear to start with?

• 07-02-2008 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Hey guys, myself and and a few friends were thinking of starting up Airsoft soon. We're gonna head down to HRTA and play there, and rent equipment for the first time to see how it goes.
    After that we'll probably be looking to get gear of out own, so what would be decent enough for someone to start off on?
    So far two main ideas are the DBoys M4 and the JG Steyr AUG, are there any other ones worth trying?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

Don't think you can go wrong with the CA M15a4 Sportsline as a starter either. Have one myself and have found it to be every bit as reliable as it;s more expensive version by CA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

JG AUG's are fine for a starter. JG G36c's are even better ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭H.O.T.A.S.

AUG A1 or A2? A real AUG has to be green :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

H.O.T.A.S. wrote: »

not true, the ARW use a black model :D

:cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

blay1 wrote: »

ARW?

I like the OD ones more(Have a CA one:p) but the JG mags look better than the authentic ones IMO.

Some of the M14s are good too I hear, but some need work.

• Advertisement

ARW?

I like the OD ones more(Have a CA one:p) but the JG mags look better than the authentic ones IMO.

Some of the M14s are good too I hear, but some need work.

Army Ranger Wing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭The Bored One

sci-ops wrote: »
    Don't think you can go wrong with the CA M15a4 Sportsline as a starter either. Have one myself and have found it to be every bit as reliable as it;s more expensive version by CA.

Thats cool, one of my friends will probably be up for using that. Never really liked the look of the M series of weapons myself.
    Thanks mate.

H.O.T.A.S. wrote: »

Heh the green one. Its pretty :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭budda15c

I got a civy JG aug as my first aeg, and for €120:) ya cant go wrong, but ya gotta get some mid caps for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

I'd go with the sportline too. Say what you like about Armalites.
    Finished?
    Good.

The amount of accessories for it are bloody huge.

Still, there's NO excuse for buying a Glock to go along with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

jg aug (army) is brill you can strip it almost like the rs unlike most other aegs i just got mine on monday and no complaints yet nice nd weighty to. you really cant go wrong with it:)

I'd go with the sportline too. Say what you like about Armalites.
    Finished?
    Good.

The amount of accessories for it are bloody huge.

Still, there's NO excuse for buying a Glock to go along with it.

That was something I was wondering, do people end up using the pistols or secondary weapons that often?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I never thought I'd need one when I got it but I'd have been lost without it the last few times I've been out. That said, most people don't draw them out at all. Just depends on your playing style. Personally I like using it now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭H.O.T.A.S.

Good man yourself

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Never seen the black model in any Irish hands, just the A2 with the short barrel and the picatinny rail housing. The black A2 is police/civvie model. The A3 is black alright and a few rumours that the wing bought some but I have yet to see it anywhere.

Rew wrote: »
    Never seen the black model in any Irish hands, just the A2 with the short barrel and the picatinny rail housing. The black A2 is police/civvie model. The A3 is black alright and a few rumours that the wing bought some but I have yet to see it anywhere.

have you seen the rangers?

There hard to miss ;)

Rew wrote: »
    There hard to miss ;)

are you in the army?

I thought I did once. But it was only Batman.

I thought I did once. But it was only Batman.

lol :D

• Advertisement

As a mod I cann't in good concience drag this any further off topic, so back on topic. If you want to talk about ARW real steel take it over to the military board.

rew everything goes off topic here, the record is about 2 posts!

do what the other mods do and ignore it, it eventually drifts back on topic!

:)

Edit: glad to help rew!

rew everything goes off topic here, the record is about 2 posts!

do what the other mods do and ignore it, it eventually drifts back on topic!

Thanks for the mod lesson now back on topic.

Very well, back to the Steyr. Whats the scope that comes with it like, and can it be replaced if you need/want to?

......I am the Bat.

Very well, back to the Steyr. Whats the scope that comes with it like, and can it be replaced if you need/want to?

The CA one comes with an integrated one and you would need a new housing/reciver to change it. The JG ones dosn't come with one so you can pick what ever one you want to put on it.

Thought there was a 1.5 magnification scope that comes with the JG Steyr?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

JG produce both the military and civilian versions. Only their military (green)
    model comes with a scope - the civilian (black) version has rails.

On the pretty green military one, whats the scope like to use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

the scpoe is very good to use especially for airsoft if any it had more magnification it would be useless as a bbs accuracy is varying on all aegs.
    if you buy the civillian model you will just have to buy a scope to go with it but for the same price you can get the military one that comes with a perfectly good 'battle sight' (fancy name). there is a minor problem with the assembly of the scope on a few witch can be fixed by unscrewing 1 nut and switching the order of the spring and spring cap inside but dont let that put you off this aeg is excellent in all feilds:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

Give you a clue, the answer rhymes with "slit".

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭666bxg

which scope is suitable for the civvie AUG? anybody to share their experience?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

being a noob to airsoft myself i found the offputting was down to the initial investment cost

but...after hunting searching and asking questions i am now soon to be the proud owner of

JG g36c aeg rifle with 2 hi cap mas
    galaxy mp5k with 6 hi cap mags
    bereta m8 full steel gas blow back

all for under 250...

i think ive done very well for myself getting 2/3 top nothc weapons, and even reading reviews worldiwde of the bereta, it seems like a decent pistol.

only poo thing about the irish sites is the downtime waiting for certain stock

if i could shoot back 2 days, id buy everything from ehobby, 25 dollars shipping aegs, 10 for gbb pistols

i woulda saved over 100 for all my purchases.

but now i know i guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

On the pretty green military one, whats the scope like to use?

After a little teething problem with my scope on my military JG AUG (windage adjuster was installed incorrectly) it works grand. Never had any issues with it, its clear and the 1.5 magnification is more than adequate for the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

being a noob to airsoft myself i found the offputting was down to the initial investment cost

but...after hunting searching and asking questions i am now soon to be the proud owner of

JG g36c aeg rifle with 2 hi cap mas
    galaxy mp5k with 6 hi cap mags
    bereta m8 full steel gas blow back

all for under 250...

i think ive done very well for myself getting 2/3 top nothc weapons, and even reading reviews worldiwde of the bereta, it seems like a decent pistol.

only poo thing about the irish sites is the downtime waiting for certain stock

if i could shoot back 2 days, id buy everything from ehobby, 25 dollars shipping aegs, 10 for gbb pistols

i woulda saved over 100 for all my purchases.

but now i know i guess

And be waiting longer, potentially get stuck for customs and end up with an illegal weapon since the JG is 350FPS from them :eek:

Advertisement