Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halifax Motor Loan

Options
  • 07-02-2008 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

I just had a strange experience. Applied for a motor loan and I was rejected since I do not have stamp 4 ( I am here with a green card). Now that stamp only allows refugees, spouses or EU members to apply for a loan…never the less I asked them why have not they indicated that on the web site so I would know before I applied and them doing a credit check on me and rejecting me for such a obvious reason. There replay was then we would be discriminating you? So they can not put it on the web site, since that would be discrimination, but they can then discriminate me over the phone? In their own words…. Now I have on my record that they have rejected me, because I was discriminated…have anyone else had similar problems with Halifax bank?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

News to me. I got a car loan through Ulster Bank in 2002 and I'd only been in Ireland for a year, have things changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheOneToBe

I guess so… I am here less than a year and we have two incomes but then again bank stated not a length of time here as a rejection but my status in Ireland…and implied itself that it is discrimination if they put it on internet as a notice…I guess here discrimination only exists on internet….

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Save yourself some stress and hassle. Go to one of the more mainstream banks. Good old cherry picking Halifax :rolleyes: Actually, if you feel strongly enough about it, go to the financial regulator. I don't think he would let them away with bullcrap like that.

Advertisement