Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Microlight Group

• 07-02-2008 5:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm currently looking into the idea of setting up a small 3-4 person group based within commuting distance of Dublin, around an X-Air /Thruster type microlight.
    Roughly it would be about 3-4k initial capital required then depending on the size of the group about 50 euro per month and then just pay for fuel & oil(about 20-25 euro an hour).
    These are rough figures and could change.

If anybody is genuinely interested PM me or email me @ ianbennett24@gmail.com

Cheers
    Ian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

ive been playing with the idea of a microlight for years myself... am i right in saying a licience is needed? the little reasearch ive done it seems you need a certin amount of pilot assisted hours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

Yes you do need a license. Your best bet is to go abroad and get it as its cheaper and the weather is much better. You can go from 0 hours to the required 35 hours in about 3 weeks.
    Thats what I did.

You should consider it. I setup this group in March, we each paid 4.5keuro and then pay just 10 euro an hour to fly it and whatever the fuel costs.

Cheap as chips.

check out some vids i have here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM6FHWTGz6Y

i cant look at youtube in work. ill have a look at it when i get home.... my brothers OH is originally from brasil and weve been to the amazon and differnt places, id love to get one over there and fly around the rain forest there are alot of vast green areas that could be used....

so is your group full up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

Yeah it is. Small enough group, just the 3 of us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

jetski wrote: »
    i cant look at youtube in work. ill have a look at it when i get home....

Try http://serv.freetshost.co.uk/ and click the youtube tab at the top ;);) works every time :D

• Advertisement

Access Denied
    Access to the following web page has been blocked in line with the Internet Access Policy.

If you believe this page has been blocked in error please contact the

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

Oh, well, works for me at school and against other clients my friends use :confused:

Advertisement