Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honesty: Broadband Providers In Ireland

Options
  • 07-02-2008 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Now is the time to have an open and honest discussion about Broadband Providers In Ireland Including but not limited to... Eircom, BT, O2, Perlico, NTL, Magnet, UTV, Irish Broadband, ICE etc etc..

I would like your opinons good/bad or indifferent to help people make informed and educated decisions about which Provider to choose, If any.

Thanks for all your anticipated replies...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭spixel

Irishbroadband adsl is terrible for me. Unusable from 5 to 12 the majority of the time and custom support is terrible. Just give excuse after excuse saying theres no problem with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

i have eircom 1mb and it is absolutely ****,esp for gaming,keeps on signin me out of the ps network and frequently shows page cannot be displayed,hopeless!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

i have 2mb with eircom and never have a problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Had 3Mb BT and it was great, till a few months ago. Got lots of DNS issues, disconnects and slower speeds.

Have O2 mobile and it's fine. Works all day for me and in various locations. Just don't expect too much from it and don't delude yourself into thinking it's actual broadband. It was never designed for home use, it's just unfortunate that a lot of people in Ireland have no other choice.

I have Smart DSL now too. That's as good as it gets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

I have fastcom wireless 2MB. Its not great for gaming because its wireless but i have to say there tech support is really good and its good bb for an average user.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Enda.

People like you who evidently cannot use the search function or are too lazy to read FAQs obviously should be a customer of 3 or Clearwire.

Please
    lock this thread mods, otherwise we will get something like this every day .

stop complaning , this is a useful up to date thread on the quality of providers .

spixel wrote: »
    stop complaning , this is a useful up to date thread on the quality of providers .

So is this.

ah thought that was only a poll which had been locked :-)

Still an up to date list of all the providers plus who's happy/unhappy with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Whats this then? Another lazy hack hoping everyone else will do their research for them?

Use the search function as suggested already.
    Now is the time to have an open and honest discussion about Broadband Providers In Ireland

Thats the type of discussion that is on going on this board.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

pointless thread, we have a FAQ as well as a poll and there's the search function, I recommend the op make use of these features

Thread locked!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement