Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spare parts mod

Options
  • 07-02-2008 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hi i have some spare parts and i dont want them to go to waste so i was wonderig if any ony had some ideas ive had a few but i dot no if they would work or were to start

Parts i have

2 laptop screens
    4 laptop optical drives
    laptop houseing's
    A spare pc not great spec but ok to mess about with
    2 pc cases
    mini dvd player
    psp with a broken screen

And TIME

Its not worth selling as id get noting for them but i dont want to chuck this stuff out i want to try make some kind off mod some of these bits and bobs

was thinking of trying to make a 360 laptop but i dont want to mess up my 360 lol

I was also looking at people that have laptop screens mounted to the side of there pc case but they were saying you need a lot of cash to do it and im just looking for a cheap mod on less some one nos a cheap way of doing it

Any ideas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Are you trying to make another PC or just something in general?

You could make digital photo frames out of the screens?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

why not make a psp/laptop. Hook the psp upto 2 laptops screens for the ultimate widescreen laptop !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 popinfresh101

Anti wrote: »
    why not make a psp/laptop. Hook the psp upto 2 laptops screens for the ultimate widescreen laptop !

Any ideas how to go about doig that ive toght of some great ideas but dont no how to do them any links etc if anyone has seen things done b4 would be great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Do you want us to build it for you too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Unless you have controllers for the LCD screens you can budget another 300euro or so. The panels dont take a VGA or DVI signal, it has to go thru an LCD controller/Driver first, typically on the laptop's logic board. This is separate from the backlight inverter.

The LCD's you see on people's cases are typically pulled from an LCD monitor, it already has the driver with VGA\DVI connnector onboard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

there is a forum on afterdawn.com about hooking up you laptop screen to your pc. As mentioned above you need a controller though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Unless you have controllers for the LCD screens you can budget another 300euro or so. The panels dont take a VGA or DVI signal, it has to go thru an LCD controller/Driver first, typically on the laptop's logic board. This is separate from the backlight inverter.

The LCD's you see on people's cases are typically pulled from an LCD monitor, it already has the driver with VGA\DVI connnector onboard.

yeh looked into this before, costs a bomb, never worth it really

Advertisement