Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing Machine Knackered..

Options
  • 07-02-2008 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

My washing machine seems to be knackered, basically when I run a wash the water just starts running out the door and from the tray where the detergent goes. Unfortunately its just out of warranty but relatively new.

The draining pipe at the back isn't blocked or anything, have tested it. Cold water supply is as normal too. This only happens when the machine is initially filling up at the start.

Any ideas on this or anything to look for?.

Cheers for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭youtheman

There's a solenoid valve that opens to let water in. It obviously needs to close when the system is full. Sounds like you might have a problem with it. The detergenet tray is adjacent to this, and you said it only happens on start up. Looks like it is overfilling.

If it has a hot water supply then you might try swap the cold and hot solenoid valves.

The valve is mounted on the 'back plane' of the washer, directly where the hose is fitted. You could take it off and meybe put 220 volts onto it to see that it opens and closes correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭knighted

give a bit more info please -

if you are talking about the machine overfilling ? and then water leaking out of the door and running out of the detergent box ,its most likely the pressure switch not telling the machine its full -usually caused by detergent blocking the thin hose that sends air to the switch -

the easiest way to check that the solenoid or water inlet valve is working is to start the machine normally ,then switch it off and see if the water stops but i dont think that is your problem as water would be running into the machine all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

The filter maybe blocked with tissues and gunk?I clean mine every 6 months or so.It's normally located to the front at the bottom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Thanks for your help guys, I took the whole thing apart last night and it turned out that there was a bloody sock stuck in the small rubber pipe running from the powder tray to the washing drum. Have no idea how it managed to even get into that pipe...

All sorted now anyway, thanks for the responses!.

Advertisement