Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.22 lr SA with low velocity rounds

Options
  • 07-02-2008 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

What rounds that are low velocity are suitable to use in a .22 lr SA?
    I suspect the answer is none. :) Any advice as my range will not allow the use of high velocity rounds.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

I used Remington .22 subs in my ruger 10/22 and they cycled 99% of the time... strange but true. Of course you could always just rack the bolt yourself after each shot; if that's the only way I could shoot on the range it wouldn't bother me much. But that's just me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Paddy Diver

I call these Low Velocity,the Standard Club ones, dunno if there really are, I dont shoot in a club so its just what Ive come to experience, I suppose I compare them to High Velocity hollow point (which I shoot most often) so thats how I came to the conclusion their LV. There real dirty to shoot tho.

http://www.lapua.com/index.php?id=898

Please correct me here tho if Im wrong.

Ian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

My Walther G-22 works as well with subsonics from CCI and Lapua as it does with supersonic stuff; which is to say: middling. That particular gun is well known to be fussy though.

I had an Anschutz 525 which ran fine with anything, both sub and supersonic, except for Eley ammunition, which was pretty universally crap no matter what type of firearm I tried it in.

The Lapua Standard Club (the big can o' bullets) is pretty dirty stuff, and will gum up a semi pretty quickly. Lapua's better quality (and more expensive) subsonics are much cleaner. I also find CCI subsonics to be nice and clean and they run well in any semi I've tried them in.

Keep the action clean and lightly lubed, and most semis will run fine with subsonic ammunition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Thanks for that Rovi. :)

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Rovi wrote: »
    The Lapua Standard Club (the big can o' bullets) is pretty dirty stuff, and will gum up a semi pretty quickly. Lapua's better quality (and more expensive) subsonics are much cleaner.

I usually shoot Lapua Master and it's pretty dirty too, I wouldn't expect they're much cleaner than the Standard Club/Super Club. The only thing that bugged me the last time I shot Super Club was the smell. There's quite a sulphurous, "eggy" whiff off them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement