Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CALs bought Vs used

• 07-02-2008 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to check the number of CALS bought Vs currently in use on server 2003 ? Is there any tool available that can be installed on the server & then over say the course of a day enumerate how many are used & unused ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Jaoibh

You can phone microsoft and ask but this can sometimes bring on an Audit which if your not ready for can cost you a lot of money.

I recently had one and we didnt know how badly uncompliant we were. Thankfully we're not sorted but it cost us nearly 12k in licencing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Miley

Is there any way of seeing how many CALs are being used??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Use the application snap-in called "Licensing" from Administrative tools.
    The service that controls that is disabled per default on Windows 2003, so you need to enable and start if that is the case. It is called "License logging service".

Once you have it running for a couple of days, you will be able to tell how many users or devices are actually this server.
    Then compare to you Volume/Open licensing site that you should have access to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Miley

Thanks Mick, I started the service and its working for me now

Advertisement