Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Clubs

• 07-02-2008 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Looking for a set of golf clubs with a decent enough looking bag.

Learing to play properly. A decent starter set will do.

Hoping to spend about the 150 mark, maybe stretch to 200 if worth it.

Does it matter if graphite or iron?

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

I know argos do sets and also if you are near a world of sports (think they are in the Carlow) they do a set of Dunlops with a bag, etc

Other option is to pick up some second hand clubs which you should be able to get in most shops

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭jacko

go with the 2nd hand clubs that are a decent make. as you get better you'll appreciate the better quality. waste of time picking up a cheap starter set

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭dblennon

€150 is very low for someone thinking of playing regular golf a decent set starts at about 300 without a bag a second hand set from a pro shop would be a good idea.

if you are a beginner there are always deals in McGuirks for beginner sets with bags for about that price give them a call and they'll tell you what they have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Emeraldpro

Hi there,

I have a lovely set of Titleist irons, a Ping Putter and a Callaway Driver which may be just what you are looking for.:)

I had sold them but the buyer never showed up to collect them, so they are up for grabs again.

There are pictures of them on the attached link:

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=37471&cat=52

Please let me know if you are interested and we can agree a price somewhere between €150-€180 range.

Regards,
    Emeraldpro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

I'd definitely go the second hand way - you'll find notices in some of the local golf clubs.

Sometimes you might find one of the bigger golf stores such as Nevada Golf or American Golf with decent starter sets but private second hand will probably be best value.

• Advertisement
Advertisement