Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Earth Hour

Options
  • 07-02-2008 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭

Just saw this and thought I'd post it up. Not too sure on how this one hour could possibly impact on Global Warming, especially if it's natural, but from an astronomical point of view I thought it might be interesting if enough people are involved.
    http://www.earthhour.org/

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

You do realise the city lights etc, stay on, any lighting in shops that have closed will and have stayed on. the gains are reported as negligible, even from just households.
    trogdor wrote: »
    I thought it might be interesting if enough people are involved.

As i said above Light polution is still a problem from an observing the sky point of view, blackouts are bad enough but giving people time to plan crime wise for a black out is a recipe for disaster, which is why this is a household thing, and will only ever be

Advertisement