Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco 30% back on clubcard vouchers.

Options
  • 07-02-2008 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭

I am sure everyone knows about the tesco offers with 30% back in clubcard vouchers as it was all over the bargain alerts forum. Well I got my vouchers today and a load are missing. I got 300 quid back from the 999 euro tv but not the 60 euro for the 179 PSP. I rang tesco clubcard and they say the offer was only on that weekend, on audio. Maybe I am imagining things, so I went back through the bargain forum and I am right. Told the helpline this and they referred me to my store - Tesco Tallaght. Went in today, got the manager and showed him my receipt and explained the issue. He was very helpful and put 6000 points onto my card in front of me which gives me my 60 quid back next time round.

I suggest everyone checks there vouchers for errors as this could be worth quite a lot.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Speaking of checking receipts in Tesco, I'd advise people to check their receipts when leaving the shop. A lot of times things that are advertised as BOGOF or 2 for €3.50 don't get put through as such. You have to watch them!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

watna wrote: »
    Speaking of checking receipts in Tesco, I'd advise people to check their receipts when leaving the shop. A lot of times things that are advertised as BOGOF or 2 for €3.50 don't get put through as such. You have to watch them!

Tesco was in the news lately. Consumer issues etc not displaying prices was a major one, for this it pointed out the one in dundrum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

their carlow store is awful for displaying prices and having prices in the wrong shelf which is extremly misleading and probably unlawful??

• Registered Users Posts: 40,174 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I hate when a shop does not display prices, really annoys me. Tesco do have those scanners thou that you can check the price using the barcode.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Boggles wrote: »
    I hate when a shop does not display prices, really annoys me. Tesco do have those scanners thou that you can check the price using the barcode.

Yeah I was in the Tesco in Crescent, Limerick today and I wanted to know the prices of two TV/DVD combo's that were on a top shelf with no pricing near or on them. Woman I asked started sighing and tutting because she had to get someone to take them down off the shelf and scan them. Annoyed the hell outta me because they made me feel like i was putting them out or something when really they should have the prices displayed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

foggy_lad wrote: »
    their carlow store is awful for displaying prices and having prices in the wrong shelf which is extremly misleading and probably unlawful??

I work for tesco myself, the systems team try there best to get around and update the products daily, I also but it down to the night crew, they seem to like not leaving gaps.

It is not unlawful, but there is a little thing called, price you see, price you pay.

Now a thing about this. If you pay for a product and it is higher priced than on the S.E.L, (Shelf edge label), then you are entitled to the product and a full refund.

That is if it is not a genuine mistake.

As for the BOGOF offers, on the S.E.L, always check the date on the label.

Should have, Offer ends 1/1/08 etc....

Another thing, make sure you have the correct product, some lines are not all on offer and people do make mistakes place things in store.

Another thing, watch out for the tomatoes they are useless and rotting.
    kendragon wrote: »
    Yeah I was in the Tesco in Crescent, Limerick today and I wanted to know the prices of two TV/DVD combo's that were on a top shelf with no pricing near or on them. Woman I asked started sighing and tutting because she had to get someone to take them down off the shelf and scan them. Annoyed the hell outta me because they made me feel like i was putting them out or something when really they should have the prices displayed.

The store should have the price displayed, not the person. She is a G/A, there to help, not to be a slave.

You know a little happiness will go a long way, I do be fairly angry sometimes, because cusmors think your a piece of ****, I had one trolly rambed into my leg today, and some PRICK that said get this ****ing thing out of my way, I said to him if you have a problem, don't shop here.

Hope this clears a few issues up !

Advertisement