Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Geography - Case Studies

• 07-02-2008 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

Hey, I was wondering how many case studies should I know for LC Geo? And if anyone has time could they tell me where these case studies are on(I know Irish regions, foreign ones I'm not too sure on).
    My book is very bad at Case studies, so I'm going to have to look around and gather bits & pieces from here & there.
    Thanks for your help peoples,
    Paddy:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭pjjk90

:confused:Anyone???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

My advice to you is to definetely know one about volcanos like the eruption mt pinatobo for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Cost Boy!!

india definitly, also the mezzo, for the MNC case study Dell for both global natures and life cycle of an industry.

I have:
    Ireland: The West, Dublin
    European: Messogiorno, Paris Basin
    Not Ire/Europe: Brazil, India

Is this enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

They're not case studies, they're your regions which make up half of the core section of the paper

• Advertisement

Ooohhhhh..... Dunno why but we call them Case Studies... So do I have enough regions covered??? So how many "Case Studies" do I need?
    Thanks for correcting me deise59!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

pjjk90 wrote: »
    Ooohhhhh..... Dunno why but we call them Case Studies... So do I have enough regions covered??? So how many "Case Studies" do I need?
    Thanks for correcting me deise59!

You must know 2 contrasting regions in the Republic of Ireland:

The West of Ireland ( Peripheral region )
    Dublin Region ( Core region )

You must know 2 contrasting regions in Europe:
    The ones Im doing anyway are:

Mezzogiorno ( Peripheral region )
    Paris Basin ( Core Region )

You must study a sub continental region which is outside Europe:
    Im doing:

Egypt.

You should know the primary, secondary and tertitary economic activities in each region and be able to give a good account on them. You must be able to compare and contrast these activites between 2 different regions eg. the west and dublin region in terms of primary economic activities. You must be able to draw a map of each region and mark in where the regions are in the country of question and be able to mark in drainage ( rivers ) and mountainous areas and of course the main cities/ towns in each region. You should also be able to discuss the problems that a region faces, even a core rich region like the Dublin Region!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭Doriath

just curious, how many are doing Brazil as a Sub Continental region?

Pjjk, how are you finding it? :P

Advertisement