Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL Email Server

Options
  • 07-02-2008 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭

Anyone able to shed some light on why the server crashes so regularly?

I can deal with the spam, but the regular unavailability of email is pretty infuriating! :mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,587 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

<insert 'ITD being crap' comment here>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

<insert 'ITD being crap' comment here>
    +1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

+10 and Lazy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

its gone crazy lately how unreliable it is :mad:. as a matter of interest, does it just apply to off campus access, or is it the same situation on library/lab PC's through outlook. If i remember correctly, didnt they spend a weekend relocating the email servers last semester? Reliability seems to have went down since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

at least i have an excuse for not doing my project now. the brief was sent out by email and it was to be returned today by email

good times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

I'm off campus myself so not sure what it's like on campus.

If I knew it worked there, I might get out of bed. Those ITD guys are so friggin lazy!:p

smashy smashy

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

Yeah, Between this and the results disaster ITD really have to get their act together.

There seem to be some infrastructure problems with the network too at the moment - just say some guy messing around with a router in one of the houses over in thomond village there and i saw someone else examine one of the racks in one of the other houses a few days ago!

Oh yeah - we had a class on wednesday where the Staff IMac in the csis building mac lab just wouldn't work - kept crashing...

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Claasman

Was next to somebody in the Atlas lab yesterday for a tutorial, it took 25 minutes for them to log on. The average time was about 20 minutes. Is this a record?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

the routers for kilmurray are in like one of hte houses in a press.. my friends lived there last year or yea before they could take down peoples netwrks as they liked really ... surely all routers and servers for the villages should be kept in the village receptions

Yeah, I'd say so

The UL DNS servers were probably down as a result the computer couldn't find the ip address of the servers...total disaster - probably same reason as why internet times out every so often and comes up with some error about network access manager.

Typical!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Village routers are kept in student houses!? Insane.

well in thomond there kept in a little press under the stairs inside a rack with all the ethernet switches etc etc.

I was in a house in kilmurray there a while back and its just siting in a comms rack at the top of the stairs - it's padlocked though.

Alan

Advertisement