Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.tv - Cant sign up?

Options
  • 07-02-2008 7:06pm
    Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭

Well im sure i can sign up, but just not with my preferred username.
    Black_knight "is already in use or does not meet the administrator's standards"
    I cant see it in the members list, and I dont know why it wouldn't meet the admin standards.

Will I just have to settle for a different username?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Might be the underscore?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

I had a similar problem when trying to sign up to boards.org.uk with the username Jack B. Badd. Do other boards sites query the same members list as boards.ie when people try to sign up to prevent duplication or am I talking crazy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

Well theres a blacknight there, i think you can only have one word usernames but im not too sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Odd, I've just signed up that username (I'm an admin there) using a disposable email address. Send me a PM here and I'll give you access to it if you want.

havent you just taken his username now Ruu,

• Advertisement

Oman wrote: »
    havent you just taken his username now Ruu,

It's ok, he has the poweh.

Myth wrote: »
    It's ok, he has the poweh.

why did i even think to question his ruuness, i mean hes a god over at boards.tv

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Sully wrote: »
    Might be the underscore?

Dont think its the underscore, i seen a few users in the members list that have underscores in them.
    Thanks Ruu, PMd ya there now.

Advertisement