Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Devil May Cry 4

• 07-02-2008 7:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

Harvey NOrmans in Rathfarnham have them on the shelf now. 56quid for the limited edition and 52 for the normal one.

same with the PS3 edition.

i got my copy!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

whats it like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

That's a damn good price. Get it now folks. Will prolly pick this up in work tomorrow morning, dunno if I'll get much time but at least it's an easy game to dip in and out of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

If anybody has their copy could they help me out by checking something please?

Are you able to reconfigure the button layout? Specifically can you swap the shoulder buttons, i.e RB to LB on the 360?

You can't in the demo but just wondering about the full game. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

had mine on reserve in argos last few days, 55.99

cant wait to get it, im in work at 6 but im not going all the way in toget it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Standard version in Smyths - "Price: Was: €59.99 Now: €54.99"

Limited Edition in Smyths - "Price: Was: €64.99 Now: €54.99" ??

Not sure, but maybe you can get 10% off again after that, with the Smyths card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

cosgrove80 wrote: »
    If anybody has their copy could they help me out by checking something please?

Are you able to reconfigure the button layout? Specifically can you swap the shoulder buttons, i.e RB to LB on the 360?

You can't in the demo but just wondering about the full game. Thanks

Something I'd like to know aswell. The default layout is so clunky that I'd hold out untill I get a PS3 before buying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I'll be picking it up in Game on the way home. €55 for the regular edition and €60 for the limited edition. Smyths and HN are both awkward to get to in Limerick! I've built €45 worth of credit in Game, gonna keep building it until Rock Band comes out!

Just so ye know GAME have a trade in offer. If you trade in 2 games you get an extra tenner credit, and then 5 euro extra for each subsequent game you trade in.

I'm pretty sure the controller config can be changed, I leaped straight into the game as I'm off to college in a bit.

It's alot of fun, and as usual the cutscenes are full of ridiculous action sequences!

I remember getting DMC3 for €1 after trading in four old games. I walked into town in the rain for it, only to be infuriated by the immediate difficulty! Ah, precious gaming memories...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

Ordered it a couple of weeks ago on the 'net for €40 for the limited edition. I heard the only gripe so far is that there's not enough emphasis on Dante. I'm just glad it's not another DMC2...*sobs quietly*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Varkov wrote: »
    Something I'd like to know aswell. The default layout is so clunky that I'd hold out untill I get a PS3 before buying it.

Just found a thread on Gamefaqs that says "you can remap every single button to your hearts desire."

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=938686&topic=41271223

Good stuff.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

What used to be Virgin in Blanch is selling it for 50 euro... 360 version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Fooking sweet game guys, loadsa fun! :):)

The camera is a bit dodge on occasion but that's my only (slight!) gripe so far

Game gave me a purty t-shirt with it. Picked Final Fantasy Tactics on PSP for €25 too!

The t-shirt is pretty sweet, for once a game t-shirt that's actually wearable. :D

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Gamestop have xbox 360 Devil May Cry for a mere 55 euro, which is ama\zing for that shower.
    Still wouldn't buy it off them, picked up both Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and Fuzion Frenzy for the original xbox in there mind, 8 euro for both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

it is 55 in most places. I saw it in virgin for 50

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mancduff

50 yo yo's in Virgin GET ON IT.

Oh and you can get it in Game for €25 if you trade in COD4 :D who's gonna do that though. LOL

Rags 1 - Citeh 2
    Come on you Blues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I only ever played the first Devil May Cry on the PS2. Thought it was a cracking game. Would I need to get the 2nd and 3rd one on the PS2 as well to follow the storyline?

Moiph wrote: »
    I only ever played the first Devil May Cry on the PS2. Thought it was a cracking game. Would I need to get the 2nd and 3rd one on the PS2 as well to follow the storyline?

Nah this is chronologically based after the first game IIRC. So you should be fine. anyways, it's not as if the story is important!

• Advertisement

well i would disagree tbh.

cause im on mission 4, and have no idea what the hell is going on.

dont know where i am, dont know what is going on, why etc.... its very unclear

like the opening cut scene, i spose its just the norm jester dressed demons pop out and hop a kid yeah?

and what is it with japanese gaming designers...that all the "male" leading characters look like big girls with cheesey american lines, and have swords of a ridiculous length.

small things but things that irritate me, like i should be blown away by asian game designing culture...when it just looks pure stupid in my book.

Havnt had a chance to have a proper play though with it, but it seems like it takes heavily from resident evil puzzles, going back through the level not knowing what to do after youve killed everything.

it looks gorgous, plays nice (although combos very repetitive) but the storyline so far is just random, "john woo" style choreography and very unexplained....

i guess i just have to turn into an anime fanboy while i play this one...

id say it will be a quick trade in when im done though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You don't play devil may cry games for the story. I'm a bit further than you and have played DMC 1 and 3 to completion and don't have a monkeys whats going on. You should be laughing at how ridiculously over the top the whole thing is and silly one liners, it was never a series that takes itself seriously. You won't find a intelligent emotional journey here. It's all about the stupidly good fighting engine and awesome bosses. Remember in the 16-bit era when you have no idea why the aliens are attacking earth but you just knew they needed to be destroyed? DMC is basically the next gen evolution of these games.

As for the combat it's as repetitive as you make it. In case you haven't realised you get rewarded better by mixing up the combos you use allowing you to gain better power ups. It rewards you with experimenting with the available moves. I was initially disappointed with the lack of weapons and styles compared to DMC 3 but I'm after opening up devil trigger mode and a few new weapons and the combat system is just getting better and better.

yeah on further reflecton i think im just in mass effect mode :)

its well fun like and im only a touch into it, cant wait to get stuck in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Seems about the €50 mark in most places..

.. well, it was €50 in Zavvii. And €49.95 in Tesco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Moiph wrote: »

If you buy DMC2 you deserve to be shot and shot again it is a terrible game although i heard good things about 3 so im gonna have to jump at that before i buy number 4

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Evolute wrote: »
    If you buy DMC2 you deserve to be shot and shot again it is a terrible game although i heard good things about 3 so im gonna have to jump at that before i buy number 4

DMC 3 is a stonkingly good game. The idiot team behind DMC 2 were given the heave ho and Shinji Mikami and his team from DMC 1 took back over the reigns. Best thing is the PAL release is actually the best version.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I remember playing Devil May Cry 2 on the PS2 and i loved, so i downloaded the demo the other day. I didnt like it, its too...something. I dunno really. Seemed a bit boring

Jay P wrote: »
    I remember playing Devil May Cry 2 on the PS2 and i loved, so i downloaded the demo the other day. I didnt like it, its too...something. I dunno really. Seemed a bit boring

Blasphemer. DMC 2 is utter crud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Jay P wrote: »
    i downloaded the demo the other day. I didnt like it, its too...something. I dunno really. Seemed a bit boring

Yeah, I felt the player was just left to button mash - whereas I would have preferred to have been given more in the way of combo and fighting instruction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

the game is all about the combos :rolleyes:

Advertisement