Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vegan Cheesecake

• 07-02-2008 8:03pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I've been reading a bit about vegan desserts and cheesecakes made with tofu. They look like the closest thing to a guilt-free cheesecake!

Has anyone made a tofu cheesecake? Any tips/recipes?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

theres some good desert recipes on this veggie/vegan LJ

A few people post veggie recipes but if you read the comments people will leave tips on how to make it vegan.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

ztoical wrote: »
    theres some good desert recipes on this veggie/vegan LJ

A few people post veggie recipes but if you read the comments people will leave tips on how to make it vegan.

Great, thanks ztoical.

Do you know if Tofutti brand products are available anywhere in Dublin? Any of the health food stores?

thanks

Taco

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ooh, I know somebody that will find this useful.

taconnol wrote: »
    Do you know if Tofutti brand products are available anywhere in Dublin? Any of the health food stores?

I don't know about dublin but theres a great food shop* in Kilkenny that stocks very similar brand names...I'm sure if you can get it in Kilkenny there must be somewhere in Dublin.

*I'm not sure if I'd call it a health food shop, maybe speciality food shop is closer, they do a great range of tofu either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

Where's that food shop in Kilkenny? Is it the one near Dunnes (the good earth i think it's called)?

• Advertisement

Tofutti is a very popular product, it should be in any decent health food shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

You can buy Tofutti in the Health Food Store in Stillorgan. I treated myself to my first pack of it yesterday and I love it!!!! Wonderful stuff. They have original/with herbs/with spring onion. I bought their last original yesterday so I'd wait til their new stock comes in before you rush in, if I were you :) Have you checked Nourish in town?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Yes I will head in today & have a scout around.

Mmm can't wait to eat guilt-free cheesecake!!

Nature Boy wrote: »
    Where's that food shop in Kilkenny? Is it the one near Dunnes (the good earth i think it's called)?

not sure what its called - its the place on john st near the gate to the tax office. Pretty sure its painted red. Sells good tofu.

Taifun is a great make of tofu.

• Advertisement

some just posted vegan chocolate mousse cake to arty chokes...looks yummy

Yep they have Tofutti in Nourish on Wicklow St and Health Matters on Grafton St. Didn't get as far as Down To Earth on George's St but they have such a big shop, I wouldn't be surprised if they have it as well.

Thanks for recipe links!

Advertisement