Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What other boards.ie forums do you lurk/read?

• 07-02-2008 8:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭

I'm very fond of the lounge here, but sometimes i do wander forth into the rest of boards.

Home and Garden: have never posted, but learn a lot from it. Some v knowledgeable diy types there.

Beer Guts and Receding Hairlines: less educational than home and garden - i probably lurk there for the same reason that male boardsies lurk here, the ever elusive quest to gain insight into the other gender.

Personal Issues: for a few reasons, occasionally there's a good post and some of the regulars are v wise with their advice. There's also the 'phew, things ain't that bad for me' factor. But....there's also a lot of nonsense, and there is the Jerry Springer gawk and bring popcorn factor. (i'm not belittling in any way the majority of ppl who post there....but u all know the threads i'm talking about)

Consumer Issues: i don't know why, but i find the 'i bought it but....don't want it anymore/dropped it from the roof/the batteries ran out......i demand a refund! I know my rights!' threads amusing.

Military: it's a small insight into a very different world. Oh, and there's just something about people who know lots about guns....:o

Commuting and Transport: i'm not alone! everyone else is having lousy commutes too!

Green Issues: for the same reasons as Home and Garden

And i've never, ever looked at any of the sports forums, but do drop into the fitness one for inspiration (one of these days i too will be as fit. one of these days....).

So, where else in boards do you wander over to for a look? Are there any forums that you would recomend to the readers of the LL?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Feedback FTW - funniest threads ever

Also like AH sometimes, can be a bit overwhelming sometimes too...and PI sometimes too..

But mostly here, although I'm not a huge poster.*

*obviously im not a huge poster, i'm a girl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Junior Cert obv. as I mod it

Leaving Cert as sometimes there's some useful advice there

I check the language forums every few months to see if there's anything interesting there

I'm subscribed to here so I wander in whenever there's a new post

I wander into After Hours usually very late at night if I'm very bored

I go onto the Classical forum sometimes if there's a new post

I check Fashion/Appearance every day as it used to be quite good for some tips and tricks but it doesn't seem to be as good any more

And now and again I check PI for the DRAMALULZ.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

1. TCN is my favourite
    2. AH
    3. LL
    Then skip around a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

AH, if my brain needs ten minutes off.
    Construction, Green Issues and DIY for useful information.
    Postgrads to know I'm not alone.
    PI, as Cuckoo says, to remind myself it's not that bad (and to be a voyeur).
    Parenting, because who knows, maybe one day, and I'm bursting to find out what it's like.
    Fashion and Appearance, for a laugh, to be honest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭K_P

Just discovered the Ladies Lounge. I usually read PI (voyeurism / human interest factor), Accommodation and Property (it's kind of my line of work), Television, Celebrities and Showbiz and sometimes Feedback just for the insane arguments that go on there. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

I have loads of ****e on my subbed list, but these are the ones I go into most often....

AH
    DKIT
    Feedback
    Parenting (I mod it with Thaed)
    PI
    LL
    Weather
    Mature and Non-Traditional Students

Feedback ftw.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Battlefield ( Hurrah)

Games (Hurrah)

Counterstrike ( for the fights)

Feedback (For the fights)

Consumer Issues (Here, I bought this and I broke it, can I shut down the company)

Work and Jobs (My boss is a twat*)

Accomodation and Property (My Landlords a twat*)

PI (My boyfriends a twat*)

*No he isn't, No she isn't, and no he isn't, I'm reasonably lucky on those three fronts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Silverfish wrote: »
    Counterstrike (for the fights)
    there's feck all fights in there anymore, maybe it's because i've stop winding the noobs up :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Baudelaire

LL
    BGRH
    AH
    Humour
    Fashion and Appearance
    PI
    Thunderdome
    Feedback
    All things Retro
    TCN

There's loads of forums that I've never even looked at because they just don't apply to or intrest me. TBH I just post to have a laugh and half the threads even on this forum I wouldn't bother reading because they just end up getting to serious or I just don't care. I can be dismissive like that at times but at the end of the day it's the internet ffs, who cares :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Hmmm.

-After Hours
    -Personal Issues
    -Fashion & Appearance the odd time.
    -Parenting (sweet baby stories).
    -Animal & Pet Issues (informative).
    -Ladies Lounge.
    -Coffee & tea and Food & Drink (recipes are cool).
    -Travel & Holidays, consumer issues, banking, nets & comms the odd time for useful info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

pretty much live in the comic and film forums.

Wander around the rest of the art forums but really just reading only the odd post.

Pets, learning to drive, Veggie/Vegan, Mac boards.

After Hours when I'm bored.

Consumer issues cus some of the posts are funny.

Read the Atheism board but stopped posting in as it just gets annoying with all the nuts from the christian board wandering and asking "why don't you believe in my god?"

Kilkenny city board as I currently live there.

Sounds like alot but not very many hight traffic boards so don't check them that often

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

After Hours
    Personal Issues
    Paranormal
    American Football
    Politics
    Humanities (wish this forum had more traffic)
    Animals and Pet Issues
    Fashion and Appearance
    Classic Cars (I love classic cars)
    Feedback (solely for entertainment purposes)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

History/Heritage (Mod)
    State Benefits (mod)
    Work and Jobs (interesting)
    All things retro (i'm trapped in an 80s time warp)
    After hours
    Fashion and appearance (im a girly after all!)
    Literature (love my books)
    Dublin City (to see if wher i live is really as bad as others think!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

i mainly click onto
    UL
    Student Travel
    Wexford
    beer guts &...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Animals
    After Hours
    NUI Maynooth
    Gigs and Events
    Used to always go in to the Fashion forum but not so much since this place openend.

Lurk on a few other ones now and again but mainly just this place these days.

Advertisement