Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing options - Too Late?!?

Options
  • 07-02-2008 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭

Hi all, in the third week of the semester now and ive come to realise that there is no way im going to be able to pass this module. I was thrown into MAPH 10020 even though I didnt do the first module last semester. I thought I might be able to pick it up as I went along but now I realise there is no chance of that, I'm thinking about getting into an easier module to make sure i pass it but was just wondering if it's still possible? And i know its very late in the semester to be thinking about this so no need to point it out to me again :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

I'm pretty sure the period to change electives is over but you could probably register (and subsequently pay) to take another module on top of it and then just not attend class/sit the assignments for the one you're having trouble with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭irish.rugby.fan

Pretty sure you can change your electives up till tomorrow afternoon, thats what it says on my blackboard anyway. (3rd Comm)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Tomorrow is theoretically the deadline. Assuming that's Math Modelling II (which I suspect it is) I wholeheartedly recommend you move. Modelling I is the most challenging thing I did in First years sem 1, You will have severe difficulty just picking the stuff up.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

exactly my problem raphael, looked at the first assignment i have to do and it looks like another language, going to go change in a few minutes, can i just do it on the sis module registration or do i have to go to the science programme office?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

You should be able to still do it on SIS, module registration is still open today - the last day though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

Thanks alot everyone, you saved me from disaster

Advertisement