Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Torrents on UCD wireless broadband

Options
  • 07-02-2008 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Anyone know of a torrent downloader that will work on UCD broadband or why Azureus won't work on UCD's network?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭conor2007

i wouldnt risk that

but i had frostwire working on my macbook

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Torrents (or most other protocols like SSH) will not work on the wireless LAN or indeed on the wired student LAN as they're blocked at the router level.

Aside from the usual things like torrents inviting trouble from the "copyright police", it improves security and network performance. Not likely to change anytime soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

...*slap* Bold. No discussing illegal shit, or legal shit that is predominantly used for getting ones hands on illegal shit. Escpeially when it, afaik, breaks UCD rules o' t'internet. Basically, if you think it'd be a bad idea, it would be, so don't.

Lockeded.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement