Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riverpoint Apartments

Options
  • 07-02-2008 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

hi,

Is anyone living in an apartment in the Riverpoint building? What are they like? Is there a gym in the building?

Thanks,
    Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

One guy on boards mentioned it a few months back, he uses the Limerick city board often
    I think his name is laser pew.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Got a friend living in there. I wouldnt touch them with yours. Nothing but problems.

1huge1 wrote: »
    One guy on boards mentioned it a few months back, he uses the Limerick city board often
    I think his name is laser pew.

Lazers pew pew was banned a while back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Jumpy wrote: »
    Got a friend living in there. I wouldnt touch them with yours. Nothing but problems.

What kind of problems? I am thinking of renting, not buying

What kind of problems? I am thinking of renting, not buying

Hes renting too, problems arent being fixed, I think several floors got flooded a while back as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Geoffey Saucer

hi,

Is anyone living in an apartment in the Riverpoint building? What are they like? Is there a gym in the building?

Thanks,
    Tom

Dont go near them
    Me and the girlfriend moved in in October. After 3 weeks when the rain came our apartment flooded. The balcony above us, all the rain came down into our place. €900 a month and the place looked like Ailwee cave. SISK couldnt apologise enough, they offered to put us up in the MArriott til they fixed the place, but we had enough, we were stressed out too much. The property management company, whose name i wont mention acted the right cu*ts with us. But after inspection (and the threat of legal action) we received a cheque for €2700 which was security deposit and 2 months rent
    I've never had such a bad renting experience in all my life.
    Others had left well before us and i know that one family are taking legal action for water damage
    SISK told us we were moved n too early, they wanted to get revenue ASAP and to hell with the poor tenants who had to endure the shoddy workmanship
    Our experience led to me and the missus breaking up as well as it put an unbelievable strain on us

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Wow - that sounds unreal.
    Glad it worked out for you, though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Geoffey Saucer

Mr E wrote: »
    Wow - that sounds unreal.
    Glad it worked out for you, though....

didnt really work out, i'm back at home :)
    but it wa snice getting a cheque for that amount on christmas week

now i must admit, that not everyone had a leaky apartment, and the OP might find that it could be a great place to live
    On the plus side i have to say the decor and layout were top notch, the view was breath-taking and the location is perfect
    the first 3 weeks i loved it, until the rain fell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

When I first looked at Riverpoint Apartments they were looking for 1,200 PM, This gradually went down to 950. I have just seen one for rent on Daft.ie for 900 pm.
    I appreciate they may not all be the same (view down river, higher floor etc.). With the glut of apartments currently on the market, less East Europeans working here and more Apartments coming on strweam all the time, I think rents can only continue to fall at Riverpoint and elsewhere. Investors must be desparate to get reant to pay mortgage

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Dont go near them
    Me and the girlfriend moved in in October. After 3 weeks when the rain came our apartment flooded. The balcony above us, all the rain came down into our place. €900 a month and the place looked like Ailwee cave. SISK couldnt apologise enough, they offered to put us up in the MArriott til they fixed the place, but we had enough, we were stressed out too much. The property management company, whose name i wont mention acted the right cu*ts with us. But after inspection (and the threat of legal action) we received a cheque for €2700 which was security deposit and 2 months rent
    I've never had such a bad renting experience in all my life.
    Others had left well before us and i know that one family are taking legal action for water damage
    SISK told us we were moved n too early, they wanted to get revenue ASAP and to hell with the poor tenants who had to endure the shoddy workmanship
    Our experience led to me and the missus breaking up as well as it put an unbelievable strain on us
    Very nice of SISK to offer ya a place in the Merriot though till it was fixed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement