Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anti-eyebrow piercings

Options
  • 07-02-2008 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

does anyone know how much it would cost to get this done in dublin city centre? also where to go to get it done? (please dont recommend body shock thank you)

and has anybody had this done? was the pain as bad as you expected?thanks..!:o:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

in no particular order;

snakebite, wildcat (celestial ring), V piercings (in inkwell tattoo).
    I presume it will be classed as a surface piercing. I dont know how much exactly it will cost, best bet is to go in and have a look around or ring up the places yourself

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

It'll cost between 50 (V piercings) and 70 euro (about that in Wildcat). I got mine done by Patrick in Wildcat, Stephans Green. It didn't hurt that much at all, like someone pinching your cheek. It did, however, reject a few months after and I'm now sporting a very snazzy scar.

If I was to get it done again, I'd go back to Mark in V piercings. He pierced my sternum surface piercing and it has healed fabulously. I think the main issue is getting a staple bar small enough for the piercing. Patrick customised a straight bar, and it just never settled. Idealy I'd love to get it done again with a small 14g staple bar with internally threaded discs... just not that easy to get!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Jenizzle, there's a company called Anatometal that can make custom surface barbells, internally threaded, going up in increments of 1/16". They're wholesale only, but I've heard of people just ordering one piece of jewellery from them at a time, or maybe your piercer could? They pretty much make the best jewellery in the industry, their website is www.anatometal.com. They'd definitely be able to make you a tiny internally threaded surface bar to your specifications anyway.

Gauge wrote: »
    Jenizzle, there's a company called Anatometal that can make custom surface barbells, internally threaded, going up in increments of 1/16". They're wholesale only, but I've heard of people just ordering one piece of jewellery from them at a time, or maybe your piercer could? They pretty much make the best jewellery in the industry, their website is www.anatometal.com. They'd definitely be able to make you a tiny internally threaded surface bar to your specifications anyway.

oh I know of them. Piercers tend not to allow you to bring in yer own jewellery, and surface bars aren't the easiest to be putting in yourself, especially on a swollen fresh piercing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

but piercers usually let you order jewellery through them, which, in turn, makes the jewellery their jewellery.

• Advertisement

jenizzle wrote: »
    oh I know of them. Piercers tend not to allow you to bring in yer own jewellery, and surface bars aren't the easiest to be putting in yourself, especially on a swollen fresh piercing :)

Oh yeah, I meant that your piercer could order the jewellery from them, or you might be able to order it yourself and bring it in to be autoclaved (I've never had a problem with bringing in my own jewellery to be autoclaved and pierced with as long as I've asked the piercer beforehand, so it's worth a try!)

it amazes me that anatometal isnt more popular here, im sporting a 3.2mm labret from anatometal at the moment which is internally threaded and well rocks hard!

APP is coming up soon too so expect ew creations from anatometal and reign custom design (who i intend buying stuff from) :D to name but a few

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭DonnaDarko

jenizzle wrote: »
    It'll cost between 50 (V piercings) and 70 euro (about that in Wildcat). I got mine done by Patrick in Wildcat, Stephans Green. It didn't hurt that much at all, like someone pinching your cheek. It did, however, reject a few months after and I'm now sporting a very snazzy scar.

If I was to get it done again, I'd go back to Mark in V piercings. He pierced my sternum surface piercing and it has healed fabulously. I think the main issue is getting a staple bar small enough for the piercing. Patrick customised a straight bar, and it just never settled. Idealy I'd love to get it done again with a small 14g staple bar with internally threaded discs... just not that easy to get!

thanks for the help! is the scar big? im worried mine will reject and ill be left with a massive scar..

Wilburt wrote: »
    it amazes me that anatometal isnt more popular here, im sporting a 3.2mm labret from anatometal at the moment which is internally threaded and well rocks hard!

APP is coming up soon too so expect ew creations from anatometal and reign custom design (who i intend buying stuff from) :D to name but a few

Anatometal are actually boycotting the APP (no booth) for various reasons.

serious? i didnt notice anything on barryb's page... care to link me please

• Advertisement

It's on barryb's page, a few entries down, I think it's the second to last one or so, and he's been saying it on some of the jewellery forums.

ooh controversial, just saw it. i think he's right anywho...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 bordrlinepsycho

heard that snakebite are the best but as soon as you go in they'll probably recomend that you dont get it until you're older because the skin is still too young and its more likely to reject or something like that..talked me out of getting it done..

if you still want it dont go to adonis in miss fantasias glenn was gona do it with an eyebrow bar instead of a proper surface bar:eek:

:)
    a curved barbell is usually used for eyebrow piercings.

DonnaDarko wrote: »
    thanks for the help! is the scar big? im worried mine will reject and ill be left with a massive scar..

The scar is very unnoticeable now. It was more red than anything else, but the entry and exit holes are pretty non-existent now. I lathered it up with the E45 cream and Vitamin E oil once the piercing had closed up (putting lotion on an open wound isn't too good :) )

Also, when I got mine done, Patric used a custom bar. As far as I can tell, he bent a straight bar into a somewhat staple bar, but it still didn't work. There's no way I would get it pierced with a curved barbell - staple bar or nothing!

Advertisement