Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

34sp join IE Reseller list

Options
  • 07-02-2008 9:43pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

34SP emailed me today to tell me there now offering "huge discounts" on there IE Pricing. Its not €84 per year. Expensive eh? Iv been in talks with someone from there, no idea who as he/she never put the name to the email and they will consider lowering the price to the Irish average. I provided them with a nice list of popular IE Registrars.

Lets hope they add to the ever growing competion - and they might even lower prices down to Digiwebs nice €30 registration price!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Despite being a bit confusing - .ie domains are already well below 30 euro these days (see sig)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

34SP.com is not exactly a major player in the Irish market. It is significant enough in the UK market with approximately 11147 BIONIC domains, 64 identified .eu domains [1], and 5022 identified .co.uk domains [2]. The UK market tends to be a lot more competitive than the Irish one so it is probably adding ccTLDs in an attempt to expand horizontally.

Regards...jmcc
    [1] Tracking about 2.44M .eu domains here.
    [2] Tracking about 3.88M .co.uk domains here.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Despite being a bit confusing - .ie domains are already well below 30 euro these days (see sig)

Thanks.
    jmcc wrote: »
    34SP.com is not exactly a major player in the Irish market. It is significant enough in the UK market with approximately 11147 BIONIC domains, 64 identified .eu domains [1], and 5022 identified .co.uk domains [2]. The UK market tends to be a lot more competitive than the Irish one so it is probably adding ccTLDs in an attempt to expand horizontally.

Regards...jmcc
    [1] Tracking about 2.44M .eu domains here.
    [2] Tracking about 3.88M .co.uk domains here.

Well there trading price of IE domains seems to be fairly large, until today. However, after I spoke to them they will look into further reducing the prize which I would imagine would give them a better going in the market?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Their pricing isn't that competitive either in the Irish market or elsewhere if this page is the most current one:
    http://www.34sp.com/domains.php?noflash=1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

Sully wrote: »
    Well there trading price of IE domains seems to be fairly large, until today. However, after I spoke to them they will look into further reducing the prize which I would imagine would give them a better going in the market?
    Pricing matters. But with .ie, it is not the most significant factor. A lot of non-Irish hosters tend to enter the market at too high or too low a price for .ie domains. They generally don't have much of a guideline to follow and do not understand the market. The larger Irish hosters have hundreds of times more .ie domains hosted and the general trend is that the hosters at the top are getting more of the .ie marketshare.

At the retail end of the .ie market, the competition is intense. I do not think that 34SP would do well in that section of the market. There isn't that much to differentiate them from other hosters.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

They have reduced the prices down to €56 and thats the best they can do for now apparently. They dont want to run it at a loss, and they assume others who are offering it as cheap as H365 or Digiweb are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭CoNfOuNd

34sp join IE Reseller list

They aren't on the IEDR reseller list and I don't see anything at all about .ie domains on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

CoNfOuNd wrote: »
    They aren't on the IEDR reseller list and I don't see anything at all about .ie domains on their website.

Check the link I posted above :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

They are most likely reselling the .ie domains via a third party (perhaps ascio or similar) which accounts for the extremely high price.

@Sully - I can assure you that at 21.95 per year for .ie (ex VAT) we're still make a profit on every domain registered.

I can see now why they cant lower prices to much.. Got this email from them when I queried why they were not registered with the IEDR:
    We ourselves are not listed directly with the IEDR. We use the company
    ASCIO to register our cc TLDs. This allows us to offer virtually every cc
    TLD from around the globe.

• Advertisement
Advertisement