Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bye bye Magnet

Options
  • 07-02-2008 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭

after 1 whole year of the best broadband llu and adsl2 has to offer, my happiness is coming to an end.

i live in an area where magnet supply adsl2
    im moving to a house in the same area where magnet still supply adsl2.

my current package is :
    8 meg broadband (peaking to 12 meg) with a 500gigity cap
    free tv
    free phone
    all for a 87 euro a month.

if i move house i will lose my currrent package and be moved to their 3 meg package for around the same price with no phone or iptv.

if i want a similar service to what i ahve now i can pay 150euro for a business package, which still doesnt include phone or iptv

all i can say is, screw you magnet :(
    give me a call when you stop shafting existing good customers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Good for you! Vote with your feet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

I thought Magnet only provide the TV service where they have the fibre and not on the ADSL2 network?
    subway wrote: »
    after 1 whole year of the best broadband llu and adsl2 has to offer, my happiness is coming to an end.

i live in an area where magnet supply adsl2
    im moving to a house in the same area where magnet still supply adsl2.

my current package is :
    free tv
    free phone

if i move house i will lose my currrent package and be moved to their 3 meg package for around the same price with no phone or iptv.

if i want a similar service to what i ahve now i can pay 150euro for a business package, which still doesnt include phone or iptv

all i can say is, screw you magnet :(
    give me a call when you stop shafting existing good customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

they can offer it over any network, they stopped offering it to new customers arounf april last year.

tehy said existing customers services wont be affected by the change in offering, but apparently you can never move house!

ive posted on here plenty of times about my experiences with magnet iptv over adsl2.
    the pciture quiality was really good, somewhere between ntl digital and hd.
    but the service would work perfectly for days and then jsut starting having random droputs, making it unreliable for me.

i believe smart now offer the service over adsl2 using the same equipment that magnet gave me.

if magnet are reading this, you can keep the iptv, offer me the phone and broadband package im on at the same price (like you said you would) and you can continue to take my money at my new address

http://www.enn.ie/article/9897188.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

Existing customers are also unable to upgrade their package on adsl2. I am on the 4Mb and asked for the 8Mb only to be told they won't do it as I'm not on FTH.

its been know for a while that they dont offer the old packages to new customers.
    im more p*ssed that they wont let an existing customer keep it if they move home.

i suggested to them that they are now holding the market back in my area as other operators that are offering adsl2 are only looking at currently unbundled areas.
    he couldnt answer but hinted that new packages will be available soon to compete with other vendors.

guess we will see...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

my current package is :
    free tv
    free phone

Best ?

I am getting 8mb uncapped ' really 6mb' now atm from Smart on adsl2 with free phone for €38 a month.Paying over twice what i pay for the same speeds with a cap doesn't make it better imo.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Terrlock

Is smart broadband in your area ?

You'd be mad too choose magnet or any other broadband company over smart.

Your magnet package ain't the best available !!

12 meg for 87 (including line rental) is pretty good.
    and considering you cant even get your full 8 meg, id say thats pretty bad - cost isnt the most important factor

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

12 meg for 87 (including line rental) is pretty good.
    and considering you cant even get your full 8 meg, id say thats pretty bad - cost isnt the most important factor

If cost isn't an issue then what are you complaining about?
    Just pay the €150 for the similar business package you mentioned.

ok, thanks for the advice

• Advertisement

update: a happy ending

magnet have offered to give me the 8 meg at my new address, and theyve told me that they got rid of caps a long time ago :D

might even work out cheaper for me too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Result.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

update: a happy ending

magnet have offered to give me the 8 meg at my new address, and theyve told me that they got rid of caps a long time ago :D

might even work out cheaper for me too :)

When did they offer this? I queried new speeds 2 weeks ago and got a standard "we are reviewing our packages" response. I'm on the 4Mb LLU pack and they refused to upgrade me to 8Mb.

they dont offer the 8 meg to new customers, but the netowkrk is physically capable of handling it.
    i spoke to a manager who said he would set my download speeds at 8 meg at the new address becasue i was already on that pakage anyway.

he did say there were new packages available in the coming months.

Advertisement