Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recipe for lemon sauce?

• 07-02-2008 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Anyone have a recipe for Lemon Sauce, or White wine and lemon sauce? Something that's light and healthy, and I can chuck it over some salmon or cod or something ....
    Tried to make it before and it was very acidy and thin ...

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

Put a glass of white wine (125ml approx) in a saucepan and reduce by about half. Add the same volume of double cream and reduce until desired sauce consistency is reached (don't substitute single cream or it may split while reducing). Off the heat, add the juice of a lemon, an ounce (25g) of butter (and a pinch of salt if using unsalted butter), and some chopped chives or dill. Stir until the butter melts in, check seasoning and serve.

Or if you want a cold sauce, make or buy about 250ml mayonnaise. Stir in the juice of a small lemon, a pinch of salt, and chopped chives or dill. This makes quite a thick sauce; add a couple of tsp of water if you wish to thin it down to a drizzling consistency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I usually have my fish with beurre au citron (just melt some butter and squeeze some lemon or lime juice into it).

I don't like to overpower fish with tonnes of sauce, so I just go for a light one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Would this sauce be suitable for having with chicken? And is ok to leave the wine out, or is it integral to the recipe? I know that 'the alcohol boils off', but I'd prefer to use an alcohol-free sauce.

Advertisement