Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom E-Mail Blocking my ISP?

Options
  • 07-02-2008 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

I have been using an Eircom.net e-mail address for over a year and accessing it from my wireless BB ISP - FWI <http://www.fwi.ie>. Suddenly, myself and several others that I know, are unable to access mail1.eircom.net through FWI.
    FWI says that it is nothing at their end but that Eircom is not properly maintaining their servers.
    Has anyone else had this issue? Frankly, I'm skeptical about what FWI is telling me. On the other hand, I can indeed ping mail1.eircom.net from other ISP's without any problems. Is it possible that Eircom is blocking access to their mail servers from non-Eircom ISP's?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

when you say can't access, is this for collecting mail or sending?

If its sending, its common enough for ISP's to block this when not using there connection....IOL do it for a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭PhotogTom

Can't send or recieve or ping for that matter. It times out. I know you say its common, but it only started within the last few days. And, Eircom is not blocking it from other ISP's - or at least any other ones that I tried it with. Just wondered why the change and while I don't like it I guess I can understand it if they are consistent with all other ISP's but they don't appear to be.

Advertisement