Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Running/Hydration Belt

• 07-02-2008 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi,

Would really appreciate help on this one!! Does anybody know where I can get a hydration belt in Dublin south city? I'm thinking one that you can carry 4 little bottles.

Thanks a million!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭SharkTale

Hi,

I know that Mick Dowling Sports in Terenure (01- 4904502) used to have them in stock. I got mine from John Buckley sports in Cork by mail order. Belts and bottles are great, just the botles can get dis-coloured with the coloured liquids after time.

regards

• Registered Users Posts: 13 bubblefun

Thanks so much will try there!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭messed_up

If Mick Dowling's shop doesn't have any, Wheelworx in The Mill centre in Clondalkin have a couple of different ones available too, as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭robbicosta

Sean at IrishFit.com has them in stock. You can either buy them online or call out to him in Blackrock.

http://www.irishfit.eu/hydrationproducts.htm

I bought the Newline belt which works great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Exactly how long are you going to be running for that you require four litres of water?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 jenc

They have them in stock in amphibianking www.amphibianking.ie Bray isn't exactly Dublin but close enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Stupid_Private

tunney wrote: »
    Exactly how long are you going to be running for that you require four litres of water?

Tis little bottles, not litre bottles!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

HAHAHAHAHA makes much more sense now.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

robbicosta wrote: »
    Sean at IrishFit.com has them in stock. You can either buy them online or call out to him in Blackrock.

http://www.irishfit.eu/hydrationproducts.htm

I bought the Newline belt which works great.

I second the Newline belt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭robbicosta

200ml per bottle. Use it for runs over 10miles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Got that belt as a present over Christmas. Great belt. V.Comfortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭911sc

The Cycle Store shop also has a great selection of belt and hydration bags (CamelBak).

I personnaly prefer bags to belts. May be also because i can carry more water and need about 1litre per hour for any run over 13miles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

I know it's not an answer to your question but I run with a cycling shirt on. I find it more comfortable to keep things like water and keys in the tight pockets at the back.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

John_C wrote: »
    I know it's not an answer to your question but I run with a cycling shirt on. I find it more comfortable to keep things like water and keys in the tight pockets at the back.

Cracking idea. Off topic again but I tend to sellotape 2 euro coins to the tongue of each of my shoes in case I need to stop off at a shop during my run. House key gets threaded through my shoe laces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

mp1972 wrote: »
    Cracking idea. Off topic again but I tend to sellotape 2 euro coins to the tongue of each of my shoes in case I need to stop off at a shop during my run. House key gets threaded through my shoe laces.
    I used to do things like that as well 'til I got the shirt from a charity cycle I was in.

Advertisement