Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dixons return policy

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

Cool. Sorry for the temper it wasn't necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Harry Tuttle

Are we finished apologizing? Good. Back to Dixons then! I bought a VHS recorder back in the day from them once, a fancy model that could rewind a tape in a minute. However something inside blew the first time I unplugged it.
    Back to the shop manager the next day, who took it in for repair. When I got it back I made sure to turn it off before unplugging, but the same thing happened. Back to the shop for a refund as I didn't like the feel of this at all. I was assured by the young glassy-eyed manager droid that this was not going to happen, but that they would repair it again. This they did and sure enough it blew again the very next time I unplugged it.
    Back to the shop for the third day in a row, and standing at the counter a man to my right was waiting in line with exactly the same model with exactly the same problem. To my left came a man with the same model in his hands intent on making a purchase, so we set him straight in a hurry. It was his lucky day! As it happened the manager was on a break, so I took my machine directly to the repair technician, with whom I was on somewhat friendly terms now, on account of having spent quite a bit of time explaining my situation to him on the past two occassions. Luckily he was a human being and wasn't prepared to vomit up the same buck-passing drivel the manager was so evidently brainwashed into doing, and he authorised a refund. I think I was lucky. From my experience at the counter there was obviously a generic fault with this model that Dixons were unwilling to take responsibility for.
    I can imagine a wee old dear getting nowhere fast with the manager type I'd first met, as would be the intention of a company that would have such a professionally negligent policy towards some of the stuff they sell. Hopefully my retelling of this experience will alert those who are thinking of making any kind of purchase with Dixons. For peace of mind folks, go somewhere else. Anywhere else. Needless to say I'll never go there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Are we finished apologizing? Good. Back to Dixons then!.

I think 18 months is a fair amount of time to assume everythign is ok again.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭hego19

what if you buy a display model and you dont get any packaging?

Advertisement