Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Original SATNAV radio... Straight swap?

Options
  • 07-02-2008 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I doubt its that simple, some cars use a seperate disc drive and satellite antena working with the head unit. Maybe yours is all in one. doubt it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It should be a straight swap. But you may need to add additional wires for the road speed signal. I've swapped a Delta unit from a 2003 Passat with an OE MFD that I bought on eBay - it works perfectly. As you 2005 may have full CAN support it could easily be a straight swap with no additional wiring.

These guys will be able to answer your question > www.vwnavi.com

• Registered Users Posts: 43 kilinick

Hi Crosstown,

Just bought a passat without a owners manual. Can you tell me what the AS or Mix keys do on the Radio,

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

"Mix" is to shuffle songs on your CD, and press and hold "AS" to search and store the 6 strongest radio signals.

• Advertisement
Advertisement