Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on a Law degree ????

• 07-02-2008 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    Well I’m a LC student and I’m not quite sure is law the right course for me to study. Well I studied very little in business and history that all I know of law. Does anyone have any advice on is law the right course? Is there anyone who has done a law degree? i don’t know what to do .... help !!:) what if i faul my law society irish exam !!! if i do law

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Take it one step at a time - don't worry about failing irish exams for the fe1s, the fe1s themselves or any of these things.

Focus on:
    1) do you want to study law in college? is there anything you would rather study?

and

2) do you want to work in a legal area?

Of course, you never really know whether you will like either of these things until you start doing them, but the same applies to all college courses and careers.

Don't forget that you can do a law degree and go on to work in a completely different area, or do another degree and go on to be a lawyer.

So don't worry, and best of luck whatever you decide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

maybe look into business and law in UCD (formerly business and legal studies)?? that way if you decide you dont want to pursue law you always have the choice of doing accounting, supply chain management, marketing, finance etc etc etc. i graduated last year and going into law but could just as easily have gone into business due to the degree etc. Good luck!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

Furthermore, UCD law offers wider opportunities now as you can now couple your law degree with either philosophy or history...and with horizons in full swing, you could also choose an elective from outside law or one of the above...the key is to find where your interests lie...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

Take it one step at a time - don't worry about failing irish exams for the fe1s, the fe1s themselves or any of these things.

Focus on:
    1) do you want to study law in college? is there anything you would rather study?

and

2) do you want to work in a legal area?

Of course, you never really know whether you will like either of these things until you start doing them, but the same applies to all college courses and careers.

Don't forget that you can do a law degree and go on to work in a completely different area, or do another degree and go on to be a lawyer.

So don't worry, and best of luck whatever you decide.
    Font22 wrote: »
    maybe look into business and law in UCD (formerly business and legal studies)?? that way if you decide you dont want to pursue law you always have the choice of doing accounting, supply chain management, marketing, finance etc etc etc. i graduated last year and going into law but could just as easily have gone into business due to the degree etc. Good luck!!
    _JOE_ wrote: »
    Furthermore, UCD law offers wider opportunities now as you can now couple your law degree with either philosophy or history...and with horizons in full swing, you could also choose an elective from outside law or one of the above...the key is to find where your interests lie...

Thax guys for the help :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

_JOE_ wrote: »
    You should be in one of their ads

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭annie19

hey, you don't need to do His r Bus @ LC level.i think it makes no difference. id go as far as 2 say its bull***** Dont worry about that. To be apart of the legal profession you need to be willing to put in long hrs while your studing and when you get a position as well! The money is only good, theres nothng great about it. My bro is just qualfied and he likes it but is talking about of going teaching. Oh just a word on the Irish exams..........i seen the papers when my bro was doing them...... there not hard at all! If your good at pass LC u will have no prob's. the real barrier to cross is the FE'1s!!
    Best of luck

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

annie19 wrote: »
    hey, you don't need to do His r Bus @ LC level.i think it makes no difference. id go as far as 2 say its bull***** Dont worry about that. To be apart of the legal profession you need to be willing to put in long hrs while your studing and when you get a position as well! The money is only good, theres nothng great about it. My bro is just qualfied and he likes it but is talking about of going teaching. Oh just a word on the Irish exams..........i seen the papers when my bro was doing them...... there not hard at all! If your good at pass LC u will have no prob's. the real barrier to cross is the FE'1s!!
    Best of luck

I hope this is not taken the wrong way, but I can't understand your post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭annie19

Ahem, what is it that you don't understand????:p

Advertisement